Sign in to follow this  
aeolus

FS Real Time...

...does anybody use this program? If so, does it work as advertised?Does it get along and play well with other programs like Active Sky v6, Radar Contact, PMDG 747-400? How about performance hits?Lots of questions, I know, but I would appreciate hearing about peoples experience before I invest the TIME and money in this product.Regards, Robert

I couldn't fly without it, performance hit shouldnt be a issue at all on one computer but I run all other apps on other networked PC'sRob

Rob Prest

You don't need to invest any money at all. You will just have to close and restart the application after an hour.

That's funny that you ask because I just 10 minutes ago, UNINSTALLED it as I never could figgure out what it was supposed to do ? jerrycwo4

Jerry, if you fly shoult haul it's not that important. But anyone who flies Longhaul (and stays awake) will know that default fs time is screwed up Jumping through time zones and generaly getting badly outa sync with the real world. FS real time corrects this issue.It's shareware but it's good to Donate and help guys that create programs like this.Rob

Rob Prest

I bought it (I'm a big believer in supporting software development!) but really? I'm a long hauler and find that I start it and then shut it down without ever looking at it again. One of the main reasons I bought it was so that I would know the correct local time when I landed at, say Kai Tek or Dubai. More often than not I close it out when I'm done, forgetting to check it.My biggest complaint, I guess is that I don't understand the issue about regional time changes that been posted on their website for months now. Is FS Real Time accurate or not? They've been promising a fix since April or May, and AFAIK still no joy.A visible clock feature or even a plug in gauge for your panel would be a great addition to this program -- many panels don't have any kind of sophisticated clock and I really didn't want to have to take the time to download and install another clock gauge just because I wanted to use this program.

Hey Chuck,I only fly one aircraft and only on Vatsim, all the calculations and predictions I make are in UTC and the on board clock and FMC work fine. I guess it would be a good idea for the developer to design a clock for other panels.The regional time changes still happen (it's a hardcoded fs bug) but fsrealtime resets the time back. For example I would be enjoying a sunset in crz then fly through a time zone and fs resets the sim back to pure daylight or pitch black.Rob

Rob Prest