Sign in to follow this  
Guest eskaihla

Cleared to land, Caravelle!

Guest PAtom

... and standing by for a quick download.thanks AFG for this nice freeware aircraft.Tom

Guest PAtom

And what a nice bird she is!!I am on the way from Murmansk to Paris with this beautiful bird (Lag 115 on my second spin of the "sensless around the world" trip). Model, texture, FDE and panel are almost payware quality. Any plans for a VC or a FSX update?Congrats,Tom

Awesome freeware bird :-eek Looks great although I haven't had the time yet to try her out but buddies of mine report only positive critics :7

Is anybody having problems with the panel? I get these funky graphics on some of the panels (very nice system created by author BTW!) and looks like may be missing some gauges. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help,regards,Macs :)

>Is anybody having problems with the panel? I get these funky>graphics on some of the panels (very nice system created by>author BTW!) and looks like may be missing some gauges. Any>ideas? Thanks in advance for your help,>regards,>Macs :)I've got two of them and everything works fine. I can't imagine what gauges could be missing. I used their auto-installer.One thing though, make sure you load it into FS9 each time in strict accordance with the instructions in the manual. I didn't first time - it was chaos. I learnt my lesson :-) I found that printing out the check lists and following them really makes it all easy and a joy to use.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Many thanks Gavin. I see they have a version in English too. I had missed them for some reason.:)regards,Macs :)

Hey Esa,Really superb work to yourself and the AFG team!! I've been eagerly waiting for this release since I saw the first previews!! Really has been worth the wait too!!Philip.

Guest redtcat2001

INFO FOR THOSE WITH OVERSIZE GAUGE/PANEL PROBLEMS - For those having problems with the panel - basically it looks like an oversized gauge set in some of the popup panels - just try reducing the size of the panel ,either from the side or the top, by a couple of pixels. Once the graphics have reset the panel will be ok. It seems to be a problem with high resolution monitors, most new wide screen monitors running at high res will have the problem (I'm running an old 21" CRT at 1600x1200 and I get the problem as well. I think the panels need properly resizing in the panel.cfg file - possibly someone with time on there hands may get the urge ??Funnily enough I have the same problem with the A300 panel Benoit made a while back - same solution to it as well !!By the way - brilliant model and textures - and Benoits' panel, although in more of a "cartoon" style (Please understand - no disrespect is meant here - I think the panel is a work of art - I just can't think of a better word to explain the graphics) is, as his other works have been, a programming masterpiece.Thanks guys, it's been worth waiting for !!RegardsFred CarterEGKR ATC

Guest Erick_Cantu

747... 767... A330... 777... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... F100... 737... St Maarten... F100... oh, hey, finally something worth looking at.I'm going to try this out later tonight. She looks great from all the shots I've seen. Hats off to AFG!

Im having the same panel issues on my 24 inch flat panel running 1600 res. Will try your solution. Hope it works because this airplane is stellar.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Thank you, Esa, Benoit, and the rest of the team responsible for this beauty! I just installed the plane and skimmed the manual - amazing depth, and your 2D panels are terrific. Great job all!John G.

John G.

I think this aircraft is stunning, but I've spent way too much time trying to get the panel to work (missing gauges, funky appearing gauges and switches, popup screens with no way to remove other than by right clicking and closing window, the manual has no specific procedure for startup from a cold cockpit which it always starts in).The manual says to start up FS9 with another aircraft from the "flights" position, then change over to the Caravelle from there, but the manual (or so I haven't found yet) has no procedure for startup and after spending an hour or so, I decided to move on to one of my other aircraft.Great looking aircraft though!Steve (Bear) Cartwright

Bear,The missing and/or funky appearing gauges are a problem with certain screen resolutions. There is a simple fix, you need to stretch/shrink the windows slightly in FS and all the graphics will correct itself. Strangely changing the width/height in panel.cfg doesn't seem to help. We are currently seeking ways to correct this problem.You can open / close individual panels from the FS 'View'-->'Instrument Panel' menu.1912%38%30.jpgOr you can click the "show display/hide areas" button on the panel (exact location for each panel can be found on manual page 4).If you open the 'Failures' panel, either for the menu or from the click area (at the top of screen center-right), you can from there click "Easy start" for full automatic power/hydraulics on start. You can even set individual systems for automatic control, so you can for example have full control over the electrical systems, but keep the hydraulics on auto.Finally, the FS kneeboard has full checklists and reference speeds listed.Hope this helps. Ask if you have any more problems or other questions.Will will be monitoring various FS forums, but enter our on forums for best support at www.alliedfsgroup.com.Ari KaihlanenFDE designer AFG

Thats exactly my experience. This one will stay in the hangar, but parked until the issues get fixed or a good work around is possible. I dont see anything other than a french panel either.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg