Sign in to follow this  
BuggSmasher

Importing a 3D Cockpit. Can it be done?

Howdy Guys,I really like flying a SAAB 340b model, having down loaded it from a Virtual Airways I wish to join. The instrument panel of the SAAB uses that of the Beech King Air 350's.As per Notepad:Quote:[fltsim]alias=beech_king_air_350panelSo I got to thinking that if I can make do with the 2D Cockpit, why can't I just import the 3D cockpit of the Beech King Air 350 as well. Actually, as the above instructions point to the beech king folder. Why doesn't the 3D cockpit just become active?Hence, is it possible for me to make use of the Beech Kings virtual cockpit?I know it will be a Beech King 3D cockpit, but what the heck. I might as well enjoy 3D ;)Or maybe I can manipulate the Beech King folder to look and fly like the Saab. With this option the 3D cockpit is already there?Anyone had success with one of these two options?Desperate to enjoy my Saab in 3D luxury :)

I sometimes too wish one could "import" a vc into another aircraft, but unfortunately this is not possible, because the vc is part of the aircraft model. Wolfgang

Check out the program, "FS Panel Studio" (Find it in google) I have an old copy which I'm just this week trying to learn to use. I think I saw something about making (or transfering) a "3-D" panel in the instructions. It is a AUSOME[sic] program if you can learn to work it. You can put any gauge from any aircraft into any other aircraft in less than 2 minutes! jerrycwo4

Guest macman4

"FS Panel Studio" is a great program. I have done lots of panel's with it. Once you get the hang of it, its very easy. I didn't know you can do any 3D stuff, time to go back to the manual. Bob

It is impossible to use the virtual cockpit of one aircraft with another completely different aircraft. The virtual cockpit is part of the 3D visual model of the aircraft itself in FS9.FS Panel Studio is an excellent application for placing gauges, but it can't create a virtual cockpit that doesn't exist in the 3D model already.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi.You may Not attach, or include a VC from another model, but you can change the Instruments on that panel, if a VC already exists. TV

Hi Guys,Thanks for your confirmations. I guessed this might have been the case, but was hoping it wasn't. I just have to wait until someone brings out a SAAB + VC for that dream to be fulfilled. :( In the meantime I have 2D cockpit at least.Thanks again.Cheers