Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Vangard repaint for FFX 737....

Please give us a Vangard airlines repaint (blue bottom, white top) for the FFX 737-200, I wish I could do it myself but that's not one of my gifts in life...Thanks to anyone who'll do the repaint.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No promises, but I'll take Vanguard under consideration.Regards,Steve Dra

Vanguard would be nice! i also don't have the skill nor the time to sit down and learn to paint. altho Steve, you've become quite an accomplished painter in such a short time, you've given me some inspiration....that hopefully i can find some time to look into learning to paint when i'm fortunate to have some time off from work.Steve...did you use the tutorial by the JetDoctor to learn to paint?these are the 737's i'm looking forward to seeing....Air CaliforniaAir FloridaUnited Friendship Stars-n-BarsUnited 80'sPeople ExpressWestern (white)i also wouldn't mind seeing a National, Western (white) and United Friendship FFX 727 either!chris

Thanks for the comments Chris.I did not use the JetDoctor tutorial, I was tutored by Mike Baumann of FFX to fill in for him during his absence.I had a pretty good grasp on Paint Shop Pro before I started, but have learned alot more in my month of repainting flightsim aircraft. :)That is an interesting list of planes you have, I'm looking into some of those. I can tell you Jim C. (aka Hornit) has already painted the 737 in the UAL mainliner scheme and is available here at AVSIM.I seriously considering making my 1st 727 repaint based on the company who took over National....and do National as well (to take care of my South Florida friends) :)I really like the Air Florida 737, but I can't help recalling those terrible images from thier unfortunate crash in DC whenever I look them up on airliners.net for ref. photos. :(Until the AVSIM screenshot forum comes back on line, you can find my previews over on flightsim's ss forum.Regards,Steve Dra

yeah...i've already taken the Mainliner up a few times. great looking plane....the whole FFX 737/727 series is so impressive. alot of times i find myself just parked on the runway bringing up livery after livery and just staring.....before you know it, its too damn late to fly! :-lolthanks! and i definitely look forward to your 727 repaints! chris

..."alot of times i find myself just parked on the runway bringing up livery after livery and just staring"...Tell me about it Chris! :)Just go here and see my tribute to all the great painters out there repainting the Baby Boeing!http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DC...mID8/21379.htmlI just sat there and stared at the offerings from these premier repainters and wondered if I could ever paint to their level! :)Regards,Steve Dra