Sign in to follow this  
Guest dougwells

My First Xmas As A Simmer -- Suggestions For Santa?

Guest Mower

The light interference issue with TIR4 is resolved by getting the infared track clip pro.

Guest dougwells

Great ideas. Thanks. 1. Here is what I would REALLY be excited about. Do any tools exist to help with something like this..... To plan a virtual vacation by FSX. I read with great interest the latest Computer Pilot Magazine issue where John Achor did a virtual tour of Egypt. Wow, that would be fun! I might even get my 6 & 8 year old daughters excited about it. We could tour the sights by air and then go to virtualtourist.com to "see" the sights on the ground. With the economy as it is, our real world radius of adventure is 300 miles by car or so (OK, maybe 1,000 miles now that gas is cheap again!). This would be a fun way to expose the kids to other countries and do it very affordably.2. Any more suggestions for scenery packages? I see their is a Yellowstone package and one that covers Yosemite. And freeware photoscenery of the Grand Canyon. What have you enjoyed the most here.3. Two followup questions...- TrackIR: Does the infared track clip pro come standard when I order TrackIR or is it something extra I should ask Santa for?- Rudder Pedals: I had the Saitek pedals. While I love my Saitek yoke and my Saitek Panel (way cool!), I was disappointed in the Saitek pedals. Have people been happy with their CH pedals?Thanks AllDoug

Great ideas. Thanks. 1. Here is what I would REALLY be excited about. Do any tools exist to help with something like this..... To plan a virtual vacation by FSX. I read with great interest the latest Computer Pilot Magazine issue where John Achor did a virtual tour of Egypt. Wow, that would be fun! I might even get my 6 & 8 year old daughters excited about it. We could tour the sights by air and then go to virtualtourist.com to "see" the sights on the ground. With the economy as it is, our real world radius of adventure is 300 miles by car or so (OK, maybe 1,000 miles now that gas is cheap again!). This would be a fun way to expose the kids to other countries and do it very affordably.2. Any more suggestions for scenery packages? I see their is a Yellowstone package and one that covers Yosemite. And freeware photoscenery of the Grand Canyon. What have you enjoyed the most here.3. Two followup questions...- TrackIR: Does the infared track clip pro come standard when I order TrackIR or is it something extra I should ask Santa for?- Rudder Pedals: I had the Saitek pedals. While I love my Saitek yoke and my Saitek Panel (way cool!), I was disappointed in the Saitek pedals. Have people been happy with their CH pedals?Thanks AllDoug
Re: #1 I have been surprised a commercial developer hasn't done "missions" like this. They are hinted in the Maui flight in the default. However, the other great way to do something like this is thru multiplayer. When fsx first came out I did quite a bit of that-arranged a time with someone and then flew shared cockpit tours thru areas I was familiar with.2) Go to Bluesky scenery: http://www.blueskyscenery.com/He has done most of the Sierra Nevada range including Yosemite , a large amount of Colorado, and a few other areas.The mountain areas look fantastic on fsx and are free.3) I think the clip comes standardI have the Ch pedals-probably 12 years old now-work fine, a little clunky, and I haven't really tried the other products but they do the job.

Guest aafuss

Saitek Pro Flight Throttle QuadrantCaptain Sim 757CLS DC-10

For Sceneries... considerFly Tampa's St.Marteen/Saba/St. Baths ComboFly Tampa's Kai Tak )Hong Kong)Megascenery Hawaii OAHUMegaScenery So CalAerosofts Luka.Aerosofts MadeiraFor aircraftsGA Eaglesoft's Twin CommancheGA Eaglesofts Cirrus SR22GA Aerosofts Twin OtterAirline: PMDG 747Airline: Level D - 767Other Addons:AEX (Weather and Amazing Water/Sky/Cloud Textures)HardwareSAITEK Yoke/Throttle..and CH PedalsGo Flight Radios

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest dougwells

Thanks everyone.Lots of good stuff on the list. As I shared, this is my first Christmas as an FSX enthusiast. One of the things I have been most surprised by is how late in the holiday season developers are releasing new titles. No critism at all, just an observation. I would have thought all the new announcements would have been made just prior to Thanksgiving. There have been some really exciting announcements since December 1 (REX, ActiveSky, and something from PCAviator...). Wow this is exciting! I'm looking forward to some new hardware and software on Christmas morning.....

You may be unlucky with your request from Santa :(
:( nice one.Long list you have indeed. I'd recommend Ground Environment X - nice one. And Captain Sims 757.

Guest fireflyfx

RealAir Beechcraft Duke B60 ;-)

RealAir Beechcraft Duke B60 ;-)
I'd want that too, if it could only be released by xmas!!!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |