Sign in to follow this  
Dicko

X-graphics And Pmdg Md11

I was thinking of purchasing X- Graphics to use in conjunction with my PMDG MD11. Apparently X-Graphics affects the lights on this aircraft. Is there a fix for this problem?Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I was thinking of purchasing X- Graphics to use in conjunction with my PMDG MD11. Apparently X-Graphics affects the lights on this aircraft. Is there a fix for this problem?Andrew
There is no problem with addons aircraft, all lights are compatible, and there is a landings lights for add ons aircraft too.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Thanks Chris, after reading the posts on the PMDG forums I was under the impression that X-Graphics changed the landing lights on the MD 11.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Thanks Chris, after reading the posts on the PMDG forums I was under the impression that X-Graphics changed the landing lights on the MD 11.
For the landing lights to be compatible with some addons aircraft, you have to select the set called, landing lights for addons aircraft, install them, after uncheck them in the advanced install to not be replaced for future sessions, also uncheck the landing lights in advanced install will not install the landing light and use the one that you have. This fix was available long time ago.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Chris,Thanks for your prompt answer

Andrew Dixon

For the record, it is XGraphics' spotlight.bmp file that is incompatible with the MD-11. Not becuase of the file itself, but because the way PMDG integrated the default FSX spotlight.bmp into the MD-11 model. If you use any other version of this file, probably from any vendor, you will see a very faint illumination of the ground when the landing-lights are on at night. Here's the trick, let XGraphics backup the default FSX files. These original ~\FSX\Texture files, including the spotlight.bmp will be backed up to the C:\Documents & Settings\$UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\HiFi\XGraphics\backups\initial_backup\texture folder. If/when it is ever necesssary to restore this origianl spotlight.bmp file, such as with the MD-11, you'll find an origianl copy in there. You may want to copy it back to the ~\FSX\Texture foder as spotlight.bmp.orig or equivelent as safe keeping as well.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

For the record, it is XGraphics' spotlight.bmp file that is incompatible with the MD-11. Not becuase of the file itself, but because the way PMDG integrated the default FSX spotlight.bmp into the MD-11 model. If you use any other version of this file, probably from any vendor, you will see a very faint illumination of the ground when the landing-lights are on at night. Here's the trick, let XGraphics backup the default FSX files. These original ~\FSX\Texture files, including the spotlight.bmp will be backed up to the C:\Documents & Settings\$UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\HiFi\XGraphics\backups\initial_backup\texture folder. If/when it is ever necesssary to restore this origianl spotlight.bmp file, such as with the MD-11, you'll find an origianl copy in there. You may want to copy it back to the ~\FSX\Texture foder as spotlight.bmp.orig or equivelent as safe keeping as well.Regards,
Yes, but I was trying to told, there is 3 special set of landings lights for addons aircraft that are in XG, are based on default FSX spotlights texture to works with some 3rd party aircraft addons, and these use the same lights intensity like default ,, but you have choice of color too and no need to backup the original one.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Yes, but I was trying to told, there is 3 special set of landings lights for addons aircraft that are in XG, are based on default FSX spotlights texture to works with some 3rd party aircraft addons, and these use the same lights intensity like default ,, but you have choice of color too and no need to backup the original one.
Hi,I don't have any landing lights in my installation that has "addon aircraft" in the name. The ones I have are:
  • X Graphics Default
  • High intensity gold
  • High intensity wihte
  • High Intensity Xeon
  • Landing Lights Gold Norm 2
  • Landing Lights Xeon Norm 3
  • White
  • Xeon

What am I missing?Tom

Hi,I don't have any landing lights in my installation that has "addon aircraft" in the name. The ones I have are:
  • X Graphics Default
  • High intensity gold
  • High intensity wihte
  • High Intensity Xeon
  • Landing Lights Gold Norm 2
  • Landing Lights Xeon Norm 3
  • White
  • Xeon

What am I missing?Tom

HI, It was in the XG update, (updates are cumulative), http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=195289

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

HI, It was in the XG update, (updates are cumulative), http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=195289
I have reinstalled XGraphics and SP4. I have exactly the same set of landing lights as I list in my previous post - nothing with the word "addon aircraft" in the name.The installation instructions for SP4 says that it will update any version of XGraphics. I understand this to mean that I do not have to install SP1, SP2 and SP3 - correct?Thanks,Tom

I have reinstalled XGraphics and SP4. I have exactly the same set of landing lights as I list in my previous post - nothing with the word "addon aircraft" in the name.The installation instructions for SP4 says that it will update any version of XGraphics. I understand this to mean that I do not have to install SP1, SP2 and SP3 - correct?Thanks,Tom
I know you guys are busy with ASA, but please: With a fresh install of XGraphics, do I need to install SP1, SP2 and SP3 before SP4 or not.- If yes, where is the download location?- If no, why don't I see the "addon aircraft" landing lights that Chris is talking about?Thanks,Tom

Hi,No, just SP4.The lights are called High Intensity Gold, White, and Xeon.When you highlight one of those the Preview Thumnail says, XXX Landing Lights for Add Ons Aircraft.Thanks!

When you highlight one of those the Preview Thumnail says, XXX Landing Lights for Add Ons Aircraft.
Ah, so simple :( Thanks!Tom

Ah, so simple :( Thanks!Tom
They work great!!!!Andrew

Andrew Dixon

Guest manniko
Hi Jordanal,you are my man!!Exactly that works well. I followed your instructions and now I got woderful and bright lights - winglights, landing- and taxi lights - everything is again like it should be.Solved also the problem with the cabin lights. Canceled the QTRL+L combination in FSX and assigned this combination to the key assignments in the MD-11 menue. Looks now great in the night.Thanks for the great advice and greetings from the desert of RiyadhManfred (Riyadh - OERK)