Sign in to follow this  
majapahit

Make Waypoint 'radius' Bigger?

my new pmdg MD-11 is really sensitive concerning Sim Accelleration (R+)and even with 2x it will hit its Waypoint wide with a couple of milesany chance to increase the 'over waypoint - OK - sequence' somewhere with a couple of more miles?ATC keeps sending me 180 - and I have to keep punching in DCTsand now I cannot make coffee :( (or my atlantics take ages :( )thxmt

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

my new pmdg MD-11 is really sensitive concerning Sim Accelleration (R+)and even with 2x it will hit its Waypoint wide with a couple of milesany chance to increase the 'over waypoint - OK - sequence' somewhere with a couple of more miles?ATC keeps sending me 180 - and I have to keep punching in DCTsand now I cannot make coffee :( (or my atlantics take ages :( )thxmt
less realistic, more coffee? :-)this new plane can't come within 5 miles of a checkpoint? maybe there is something with the .pln you loaded into rc, or the pln you loaded into the fmc.you should be able to do this a 2x. 4x - doubtfuloryou could set the option to pause at 200 miles, let the flight take place overnight. wake up, make a cup of coffee, and fly the last 200 miles :-)jd

this new plane can't come within 5 miles of a checkpoint?
PMDG states a warning of setting accelleration to 1/2 or "over 8"in reality it will fly wide indeed >5nm (if that's the range) at 4x all readybecause I get the 180 vector
maybe there is something with the .pln you loaded into rc, or the pln you loaded into the fmc.
nope, there're ok, that's not the problem
you should be able to do this a 2x. 4x - doubtfuloryou could set the option to pause at 200 miles, let the flight take place overnight. wake up, make a cup of coffee, and fly the last 200 miles :-)
rather notcan you consider in a future patch or update (like in a .ini file)thxmt

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

PMDG states a warning of setting accelleration to 1/2 or "over 8"in reality it will fly wide indeed >5nm (if that's the range) at 4x all readybecause I get the 180 vectornope, there're ok, that's not the problemrather notcan you consider in a future patch or update (like in a .ini file)thxmt
sorry, i'll stick with 5 miles.where are you having trouble missing checkpoints? enroute? the checkpotins enroute, have course changes that your plane can't handle? maybe space the checkpoints out a little further, so they aren't so drastic. if the turns that are causeing the problem are in the terminal phase, you can probably slow to 2x or 1x for that phase of flightjd

sorry, i'll stick with 5 miles.
thank you very much for your considerationNOT
where are you having trouble missing checkpoints? enroute? the checkpotins enroute, have course changes that your plane can't handle? maybe space the checkpoints out a little further, so they aren't so drastic.
what about a trip from EGUN UK-Airforce Base to ORBI Bagdad (on my way, reflying the UIVER DC-3 trip to Melbourne)and the route generated by the well known RouteFinder website, along publicised JetwaysEGUN DCT UMBAG UP137 SONDO UM183 REDFA UL620 BASNO UL603 ARNEM UL620 KOMUR UM748 KOPIT UL620 RIVOS UL851 CND UN616 DINRO UL601 ODERO UP975 SIV UW710 ARPUT UP975 SOGUM DCT ORBIyou think there's anything wrong with this plan?
if the turns that are causeing the problem are in the terminal phase, you can probably slow to 2x or 1x for that phase of flight
it happens enroute with the PDMG MD-11 specificallyNOT in any start or end phasemy post here specifically refers to this plane, and with its, by PMDG, acknowledged problem, and this specific plane only, thats designed for medium/long hauls, like 6-10 hourswhat about a parameter - for us users - that we decide whats usefullmt

thank you very much for your considerationNOTwhat about a trip from EGUN UK-Airforce Base to ORBI Bagdad (on my way, reflying the UIVER DC-3 trip to Melbourne)and the route generated by the well known RouteFinder website, along publicised JetwaysEGUN DCT UMBAG UP137 SONDO UM183 REDFA UL620 BASNO UL603 ARNEM UL620 KOMUR UM748 KOPIT UL620 RIVOS UL851 CND UN616 DINRO UL601 ODERO UP975 SIV UW710 ARPUT UP975 SOGUM DCT ORBIyou think there's anything wrong with this plan?it happens enroute with the PDMG MD-11 specificallyNOT in any start or end phasemy post here specifically refers to this plane, and with its, by PMDG, acknowledged problem, and this specific plane only, thats designed for medium/long hauls, like 6-10 hourswhat about a parameter - for us users - that we decide whats usefullmt
start rc, click debugload your .plnstart fs, load your fmcclick fly nowin rc, click start rcfly your plan, duplicate the problem, and send me the .logi honestly don't see how your plane could be missing checkpoints. but the log will tell alljd

For the occasional missed waypoint you can go direct to the next waypoint by selecting I believe menu option 9 - extended menu - then selecting the option Direct Next Checkpoint and choosing one from the list. Rc should then clear you to it.The two mile radius and 5 mile radius are based on ICAO real world IFR rules as you would be expected to fly in the real world.If there are sharp turns in areas where you might be flying at 2X unattended, try editing your plan to eliminate them.I think the generic problem is that when flying accelerated the flight dynamics of the FS aircraft model do not change and the aircraft can become "sloppy" in terms of HNAV. The heavier the aircraft the sloppier it gets. I am not familiar with the MD11 autppilot system but if there is a bank limit setting that does not change with FS acceleration then turns will be wide.Another item is insure that your aircraft FMC and FS/RC have identical waypoints after expansion of procedures into waypoints. If the MD11 nav can import flight plans as does the PMDG 737s and 747s, consider using a third party planner such as FSBuild that can export in the FS format (FS9, FSX) which RC can use and simultaneously export in your FMC format. This avoids any coordinate discrepancies between your FMS and RC as the flight plans contain the coordinates for checkpoints that are used by both.

start rc, click debugload your .plnstart fs, load your fmcclick fly nowin rc, click start rcfly your plan, duplicate the problem, and send me the .logi honestly don't see how your plane could be missing checkpoints. but the log will tell alljd
himy PC lays disembowled awaiting a CPU upgradewill take a weeklater

jd you are indeed a patient man! His attitude would not have engendered such a helpful response in me.Iain Smith

jd you are indeed a patient man! His attitude would not have engendered such a helpful response in me.Iain Smith
it's not a matter of being patient. this gentleman purchased radar contact, and is having an issue. i simply want to get to the bottom of the issue. i can't imagine that the problem is within rc (it would have shown up hundreds of thousands of times, if it was an rc problem). i suspect the fmc and the .pln have different lat/long for the checkpoints, or the fmc has more or less checkpoints than the .pln.with a .log, i can point out the issue. if it is an rc issue, i can make sure it is fixed in v5.jd

it's not a matter of being patient. this gentleman purchased radar contact, and is having an issue. i simply want to get to the bottom of the issue.
Yes with the excellent support you give I should have expected nothing less! :( Iain Smith

took a while, but back with a Q9550 in the boxuploaded log to a website of minehttp://www.serendipito.us/rcv4.log/18MBand 180's happened again, I can even make them happenand is Not, as you suspected a 5nm out-of-range (what I was proposing, sorry)the whole testflight EGUN-ORBI, MD-11 went Smack Over The Waypointsbut appears CPU-load related & together with ATC-voice(before I had a Q6600, can't remember the load, but should be ~125% of my new CPU)now, with my Q9950straight flying the MD-11, acceleration 1x, the load is 75-85%, with a departure turn, goes to 95%FSX/SP2/scenery Extremely dense/Autogen Sparse/Texture resolution 1mtr/Water Low2.x/Traffic 20%/Resolution 1600x1200on Vista64/4GB highspeed RAM and a second screen 1280x1024 on a MSI 8800GT 512MB OCand have RC4 running on the FSX-box / with my notebook running ASX, FlightSim Commander, FS FlightKeeper etcand is almost double the load of default 747 (at ~45% in a ascending turn)the MD-11with 2x goes 95%, hits 100% when turning / climbing on APwith 4x does 100%, all 4 cores smack to the top, when on AP, LNAV turning, VNAV climbing, etcwith 8x does 100%the MS-11 has a HSI with a 5NM circle radius & depicting the FMC flightpath/waypointsgoing straight(at FL330, GS 420) I can do 32x accelleration (pushing the envelope), and MD-11 goes straight as an arrow (but looses some VNAV)still climbing from EGUN, set accelleration to 2x, and with all the ATC goings on,RC4 lost it's first waypointsoon after at 4x lost a second waypoint (recognizing about 4 or so, in the mean time)I noticed it happens when ATC-voice is activeso after some experimenting I found this:what I can do, is watching a waypoint appear on the HSI (CoPilot handling Comms)and when it hits the 5NM circle, I'll hit a "request lower FL310"and the ATC-voice starts interactingand RC4 will miss the waypointthis will also happen, even at 2x but climbing (& REX clouds & ASX & UT Vectors etc), when ATC-control start intensive Voice, and happening around/over the 5NM circleis a bit trial and error, but I can make this happen 2 out of 3 times (EGUN-ORBI has 50 waypoints)thus, when RC4 does intensive ATC-Voice, it's so busy threading this, that it appears to loose focus of tracking the WP-passovers, when my Q9550 (and not a slow CPU, I reckon) is on 100+% CPU loadwhat concerns me, when doing long hauls, thus I cannot do accelerate, rather frustratinghope, you understand above (English not my native tongue)and would be obliged if you could look into the matterMT

In RC4, if you have an unacknowledged command it will not give you credit crossing that waypoint and will treat this as missed. Avoid also requesting anything when really close to a waypoint. If you are getting this problem when ATC issues a command and you are near a waypoint needing credit then give the ACK priority if you are not using pilot auto-reply.If you are flying in accelerated mode the condition will worsen.

In RC4, if you have an unacknowledged command it will not give you credit crossing that waypoint and will treat this as missed.
this seems a bit weird. Never heard of any real ATC that 'credits' a pilot - for shutting up - and passing a waypoint - quitely :(
Avoid also requesting anything when really close to a waypoint. If you are getting this problem when ATC issues a command and you are near a waypoint needing credit then give the ACK priority if you are not using pilot auto-reply. If you are flying in accelerated mode the condition will worsen.
i fly with "Copilot has the Comms" after takeoff, one of the Perks of having RC4 runningCan you do something about 'credit crossing'?I'd propose that no matter what ATC is going on, flying enroute over a waypoint should be 'acknowledged' by RC4 as happening, or rather just noted as happened.for this has nothing to do with ATC, specifically since you're on trackperhaps by checking more then 1ce in the 5NM circle? seems this is happening only 1ce, at circle entryseperating ongoing ATC from the waypoint 'passage' (I dont want 'credit', I dont care, I want to keep flying my - proper - onroute)?and might solve the original issue?thxmt

this seems a bit weird. Never heard of any real ATC that 'credits' a pilot - for shutting up - and passing a waypoint - quitely :( i fly with "Copilot has the Comms" after takeoff, one of the Perks of having RC4 runningCan you do something about 'credit crossing'?I'd propose that no matter what ATC is going on, flying enroute over a waypoint should be 'acknowledged' by RC4 as happening, or rather just noted as happened.for this has nothing to do with ATC, specifically since you're on trackperhaps by checking more then 1ce in the 5NM circle? seems this is happening only 1ce, at circle entryseperating ongoing ATC from the waypoint 'passage' (I dont want 'credit', I dont care, I want to keep flying my - proper - onroute)?and might solve the original issue?thxmt
it's been in there since v1. of course it's not an atc function, think of it as a penalty kick. you can always request direct and bypass the turn.i'm making every effort to make the chatter less processor intensive, so the really important stuff get's done.i'm afraid i can't do much for the 4x'ers out there. but flying 4x isn't real world either. :-)jdthe other op