Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walouigi

Issue With Lisbon Lppt

Hi Guys today, I was trying to do a flight from LPPT and I found that all the scenery was under the actual RNWY. Only a bit was showing, what I mean, I can only see the top of the room as something on the floor, no taxiways only the RNWY. This is the default scenery.Any idea how can I fix this. when I did CTL+S to see the scenery from above, I can see the scenery well designed, but all around is black.Any help, as I was thinking to get Aerosoft Lisbon 2008.Thanks for your help

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Guys today, I was trying to do a flight from LPPT and I found that all the scenery was under the actual RNWY. Only a bit was showing, what I mean, I can only see the top of the room as something on the floor, no taxiways only the RNWY. This is the default scenery.Any idea how can I fix this. when I did CTL+S to see the scenery from above, I can see the scenery well designed, but all around is black.Any help, as I was thinking to get Aerosoft Lisbon 2008.Thanks for your help
If you are using a third party afcad that hasn't got the airport height set quite correctly, you can get this effect. If you are using any third party mesh or scenery that modifies elevations over the general area the airport is in it can also occur. I do recommend the Aerosoft Lisbon scenery however - it is very well done - and the taxiway problem gives you a good excuse to get it.DJ

I just tried it on my totally default setup and it displayed properly for me.From what you have described, it would seem that some addon has messed with the elevation of that airport area.Do you have any third party terrain enhancements or other airport enhancements for the area or nearby installed? Keep us posted. :(

Hi Guys,Thank you very much for your help. I do have UT Europe installed, but that did not affect any other airport in Europe.I had FS Genesis Mesh Europe 76.4M , and I have removed it, and still the same problem.I have also looked for any AFCAD for LPPT, and even disabaled the default one and still the same problem. The RNW is way higher then all the sceneryAny new idea will be much appreciatedRegards

I once had an add-on scenery for another airport that modified the AFnnnn area that Zurich was in. It caused runways and taxiways to be in part below the surrounding area. If you have installed any scenery that modified an AFnnnnn FS default and it made a backup, then replace the original to see if that helps.You should note that AF file replacement is sometimes the only way to modify AI response to ILS and runway ID changes. AFCAD can not perform some of these tasks.

Hi Ronzie,How do I find out if my AFnnn was modified and from where can I restore it, can I find it on the original CD.Thanks for any helpRegards

Hi there,I just realized that all this happened since I have installed the FS genesiss Europe, as I found out that all my Europe set up is screwed.I have removed the FS Genesiss and still no luck , any way I can restore my settings or do I have to reinstall FS9 with all my add- ons .I hope not.Thanks :(

Those are APnnnn files I believe, my mistake. They are in FS/scenery/region_name/scenery. A region name is like Name which stands for North America East. These folders are continents or sections of continents.I do not know how FS Genesis works but I doubt if it replaced AP files which are just airport properties which affect runway and taxiway elevations. If it did, it should have made a backup folder with the originals. Did they supply an uninstall routine or document? An uninstall from Control Panel Add/Remove programs may not work.That being said there are other types of scenery files in there including mesh. Perhaps an AB or other type was modified as opposed to those types in a separate folder at higher priority. You can tell by going into the region of concern with Explorer and select details for the view type. Add Created to the column types by right clicking on the column name row and you'll get a dropdown to add the Create column. A few dates might be different due to adding the FS9.1 patch but other dates around the time of your FSG install might be noted. Europe is covered by Eure and Eurw folders.A reinstall of FS could wipe out the corrections in the 9.1 patch. You'd have to run the patch again.There is a document in a file download somewhere that lists what FS disks these various files reside on.You can get the the FSG support forums from this link:http://www.fsgenesis.net/and register and inquire there.It is going to take someone familiar with the product to help further.

Thank you very much Ronzie,That did not work for me, I had to remove everything and restart from frech, including the patch.Thanks anyway for all your help.Best regards