Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrancoisH

Pro Rudder Pedals And Auto-brakes...

Guest FrancoisH

Hello there,I installed the FS9 version of the MD11, hoping the damn auto-brake system issue I got with my Saitek pro rudder pedals was gone but it is not...If I unset my toe brakes axis, it work, if I set it trough FSUIPC or FS9 it do not... I do not have this issue with either 747 or 737 from PMDG or any other plane... I just have to set axis and invert them and all is fine...I made multiple rejected take-off to test the system and only when I had all axis unset, it acknowledged to work as intended.Do you have any clue for me ?Regards.P.S. I got another issue, this time with the throttle, trying to set it back and with no effect (at take off) even I checked the "only in clamp mode" option which should have worked out.

Guest FrancoisH

Ok, I suppose I am the only one to get this issue then i'll put a ticket on PMDG support adress.

Hello there,I installed the FS9 version of the MD11, hoping the damn auto-brake system issue I got with my Saitek pro rudder pedals was gone but it is not...If I unset my toe brakes axis, it work, if I set it trough FSUIPC or FS9 it do not... I do not have this issue with either 747 or 737 from PMDG or any other plane... I just have to set axis and invert them and all is fine...I made multiple rejected take-off to test the system and only when I had all axis unset, it acknowledged to work as intended.Do you have any clue for me ?Regards.P.S. I got another issue, this time with the throttle, trying to set it back and with no effect (at take off) even I checked the "only in clamp mode" option which should have worked out.
Francois,This issue has been fixed in the FS9, and will also be fixed in the FSX update that will come out soon. I have extensively tested this with Saitek rudder pedals myself, with and without FSUIPC and it works all the time.The only limitation is that in case you use the FSUIPC joystick calibration option to process the left/right brakes you should have Filter tick box unchecked. Can you give me some information on how are your toes brakes axis set? Screenshots of FS9 control assignment, sensitivty and null zone settings and, in case you use a registered FSUIPC, axis assignment and joystick calibration screens. About the throttles: During take-off below 80 KTS ATS is not in clamp mode, so the "only in clamp mode" option will make no difference. Above 80 KTS it will do. In any case setting the throttles back and pressing F1 (to eliminate the possiblity that the throttle axis might be sending something above idle) should work.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest FrancoisH
Francois,This issue has been fixed in the FS9, and will also be fixed in the FSX update that will come out soon. I have extensively tested this with Saitek rudder pedals myself, with and without FSUIPC and it works all the time.The only limitation is that in case you use the FSUIPC joystick calibration option to process the left/right brakes you should have Filter tick box unchecked. Can you give me some information on how are your toes brakes axis set? Screenshots of FS9 control assignment, sensitivty and null zone settings and, in case you use a registered FSUIPC, axis assignment and joystick calibration screens. About the throttles: During take-off below 80 KTS ATS is not in clamp mode, so the "only in clamp mode" option will make no difference. Above 80 KTS it will do. In any case setting the throttles back and pressing F1 (to eliminate the possiblity that the throttle axis might be sending something above idle) should work.
Hello,About the Saitek issue, I tried, tried and tried again and it is working one time upon two... I currently have my sensitivity at max, my two Toe axis set in FS with "Reverse axis" checked (because axis are inverted into FS) and with no settings for them into FSUIPC.Sometimes, Auto-brake don't work when doing rejected take-off, sometime it work... I will try to increase the null zone slightly.For the throttle I just saw my error and that work really fine, on other side, this plane is the greatest I currently have on my PC... just this little auto-brake issue ;)Regards.

Guest FrancoisH

I found how to reproduce each time my problem.Arm the auto-brake, press one or the other toe then do a rejected take-off... auto-brakes will not work.Do a final approach, arm auto brake and press one or other toe brakes pedal, auto-brakes will not work at landing.Do either or the two previous things without pressing on or the other pedal and auto-brakes will work.So in fact, if you press your brakes BEFORE the action of the auto-brake, it work as if it was AFTER they acted and it do not show any "disarmed" alert anywhere. Not sure I'm really clear describing my problem.Regards.

Guest JaredA

Interesting, I know what problem your referring to, granted I use a different brand of pedals, but I see this occur on another add-on I have, but the MD-11's ABS disarms for me like a charm and there is am amber ABS Disarm light on the glare shied when the ABS is disarmed, can't miss it.

I have the Saitek Yoke, Throttles, and Pedals and don't have these problems. Hope you find a solution.RegardsRichie

Richie Walsh

Guest FrancoisH

So it is not related to the pedals but to something in the way we configure it I suppose...

Guest SkullxBones

FrancoisH, I had the exact same problem you do with my Saitek pedals. Not touching the brakes and it would work, touch them and it wouldn't. This worked for me:Open FSX controls and make sure to remove the brake axis assignments to your Saitek pedals.Then open FSUIPC in the menu and choose the Axis Assignment tab.Click the rescan and tap your left brake. Mine shows it as 1 and X for that assignment.Under Type of Action on the left, click the Send Direct to FSUIPC Callibration.Put a Check in the first pull down menu and choose Left Brake.Do the same as above for the right brake, mine shows it as 1 YNow go to the Joystick Calibration tab, page 2.Click the Set button for both left and right brakes.Put a check in the Rev box.I also have the control spike elimination checked on the Misc. tab in case that has anything to do with it.See if that fixes it. Jeff P.

Guest FrancoisH
FrancoisH, I had the exact same problem you do with my Saitek pedals. Not touching the brakes and it would work, touch them and it wouldn't. This worked for me:Open FSX controls and make sure to remove the brake axis assignments to your Saitek pedals.Then open FSUIPC in the menu and choose the Axis Assignment tab.Click the rescan and tap your left brake. Mine shows it as 1 and X for that assignment.Under Type of Action on the left, click the Send Direct to FSUIPC Callibration.Put a Check in the first pull down menu and choose Left Brake.Do the same as above for the right brake, mine shows it as 1 YNow go to the Joystick Calibration tab, page 2.Click the Set button for both left and right brakes.Put a check in the Rev box.I also have the control spike elimination checked on the Misc. tab in case that has anything to do with it.See if that fixes it. Jeff P.
Ok, I conducted the suggested test but the bug still the same one time over two... I line up use my brakes to stop the plane on the runway...The "ABS disarm" is not ligthen up but my auto-brakes are not working when I do the rejected take-off...With the workaround above, it work as it should work, thanks to Jeff but seems your plane do not like standard axis of FS.Regards.

Ok, I conducted the suggested test but the bug still the same one time over two... I line up use my brakes to stop the plane on the runway...The "ABS disarm" is not ligthen up but my auto-brakes are not working when I do the rejected take-off...With the workaround above, it work as it should work, thanks to Jeff but seems your plane do not like standard axis of FS.Regards.
Isn't it intended to disarm the autobrake by pushing the brake pedals?Maybe I don't understand your problem well, but then there isn't a problem :(

Guest FrancoisH

Auto-brakes are designed to be disarmed by the use of my toe brakes pedals when they are active, either on a rejected take-off or when landing.But there, they are effectively "disarmed" but should not be because they are correctly set on the pedestal, and the amber warning is not alive on the glareshield...So this is a kind of wrong disarm and it happens when pressing the brake pedals BEFORE you started initial acceleration or when you press them before your gear touch the ground.If you follow check lists, you arm your auto-brakes at taxi when you still have to use your brakes to hold short of the runway or after you lined-up if required to wait, etc...But here, if you arm the auto-brakes, use brakes at taxi then do a rejected take-off, they will not work.This happens when you set the axis with FS, but seems to be solved if axis are set trough FSUIPC... don't ask me why.Regards.

Guest FrancoisH

Conducted the whole test again and it still happens... auto-brakes not activating but ABS Disarm light is not lighten up... just because I do used my toe brake to stop the plane at taxy... I have to rearm those each time before take-off to be sure they will work correctly.Regards.

Conducted the whole test again and it still happens... auto-brakes not activating but ABS Disarm light is not lighten up... just because I do used my toe brake to stop the plane at taxy... I have to rearm those each time before take-off to be sure they will work correctly.Regards.
Hi,I believe they stated that the update that's coming out today should fix this problem. I'd wait for further tests until after the update and see how it goes.-stefan