Sign in to follow this  
psolk

FS9 is still kicking and better than ever!

So I know I posted about how good the MD and FS2Crew were in FSX, but after all that time testing FSX and then coming back to Beta FS9 I am so glad to be home.Imagine almost everything you had in FSX but with 5x the framerates LOL.I have had the privilege and the honor to Beta Test the PMDG MD11 in conjunction with FS2Crew for the MD11 so yes this is a little biased but the words are well deserved.PMDG has created a masterpiece that's performance is impressive for a default aircraft and is truly mind blowing considering the complexity of what they produced. Both the AC itself and the entire PMDG team have opened my eyes and I will NEVER EVER look at another MD-11 the same again! We have a littlle love affair my MD and me :)....She is such a wonderful technical marvel and PMDG and the team have done a job unlike anything I have seen before in the FS world from all perspectives INCLUDING performance. FS9 with an add-on of this complexity locked at 50FPS with all my add-ons including my regionalized ATC with the amazing PFE by Dave March just adding to the immersion factor is like the FS Holy Grail LOL.NOWCombine that with what you guys will get from Bryan and the FS2Crew team and it is literally a heart racing experience coming over the threshold at 160 with your PNF watching your every move! Bryan and the team at FS2Crew blew me away with the FSX release and the integration they had with the PMDG team throughout the Beta process but FS9 is even better IMHO in large part due to the performance of FS9 at large airports with full weather, full traffic, sliders pinned, ATC chatting away and still having butter smooth FPS...This is by far the cleanest and most integrated version of FS2Crew I have been lucky enough to test. For me with my limited MD-11 knowledge this has also been the most useful version yet for me LOL. I really lean on my PNF sometimes to not only entertain me but to teach me too! I am I am about 60 minutes out from LSZH right now so my PNF and I need to go inform the purser so he and the crew can ready the cabin while we run through our briefs and checks up front. Just going to let the folks in back know we are near TOD real quick and then we can start our way into Zurich :)I am having so much fun I did the same flight yesterday but the rain in KEWR today coupled with the little things like the wiper sounds in the MD made flying it again today irresistible.Here are the shots from yesterday...http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=239609Congrats again to PMDG and FS2Crew on years and years of hard work that finally came to fruition in an unbelievable way!!!!Nothing left to say but enjoy everyone!!!!Congrats again guys and thank you for letting me such a small piece of such amazing projects!-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme4 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTXRaid-0

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

And one last shot after landing today :)Primary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme4 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTXRaid-0

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Paul,If you haven't alreadey, add TrackIR to that setup and you'll take it to an even better level of immersion.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

And one last shot after landing today :)
Paul great to see you have so much fun with a amazing aircraft :-)

André

80 smackeroos is a whole lot of dough :( , but I'm thinking about it. My main concern is how will it run on my 3 GHz computer? I NEVER use the VC, so that wouldn't be an issue. Most planes run well at my locked fps of 26 except when I run into heavy overcast using Active Sky. I also run RAdar Contact, and FSPassengers. Mike

Guest MD11Forever
80 smackeroos is a whole lot of dough :( , but I'm thinking about it. My main concern is how will it run on my 3 GHz computer? I NEVER use the VC, so that wouldn't be an issue. Most planes run well at my locked fps of 26 except when I run into heavy overcast using Active Sky. I also run RAdar Contact, and FSPassengers.
I'm with Mike, $80 is just too much for this aircraft, no matter how much I might love it. Add to that the fact that I'd be paying for a VC which I'd never use...It sure does look purrty though.

I'm with Mike, $80 is just too much for this aircraft, no matter how much I might love it. Add to that the fact that I'd be paying for a VC which I'd never use...It sure does look purrty though.
I already have the PMDG 747-400. What more has the MD11 to offer? I'm familiar with FS2crew for LD 767-300. What has improved in the MD11 version?

80 smackeroos is a whole lot of dough
Well yes it is and that's a very fair point.On the other hand, I looked at it this way - I worked a couple of extra hours this week, am not going to the pub with the lads tonight and made my own sandwiches for lunch this week instead of buying them. $80 found very easily.I'm really getting into this MD-11. It's a whole new learning experience. I usually fly PT TU154, SDS Yak 40, PMDG B744 or LDS B763 and this is just 'different'.Obviously I fully respect anyone's decision not to purchase this a/c for any reason.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Obviously I fully respect anyone's decision not to purchase this a/c for any reason.
Using 200Mb of physical memory more than any other sophisticated addon I've used, thus contributing to OOMs everywhere I want to fly the thing is the only reason I'm miffed about this purchase. Otherwise, it's an incredibly comprehensive simulation. Definitely way up there with the other classics.