Sign in to follow this  
raynuss

Neat New Tower Program

The file, rcmctw88.zip is only an update to the original file. You need to download rcmctw87.zip to get the original tower view, then update it to get the GPS to show. I want to add that this is the best tower view I seen to date. It has the ability to jump to the AI traffic so you can follow the actual AI aircraft as it flies to its destination. You can listen to the radio conversations of all the aircraft at your airport, or just click on one of the AI aircraft on the radar screen and you can listen to the radio correspondence of that aircraft. It gives you the flight number, type of aircraft, departure and arrival airports, tail number, altitude, speed and course of the AI aircraft. If you're into virtual plane-spotting, this is just what you need to put you in the virtual tower. Highly recommended!Ray

WOW! look great, i just hope something like this can still continue on, i would love to see a tower "mode" that would actually allow a human player to actually controll flight simulator traffic (AI), that would be fun i thinkciao!Brian S

Ciao!

You have to try this one. It really has me trapped. I have used it with the Simflyers KLAX and KEWR and the My Traffic Sydney demo. It is really deligtful to watch the AI A/C taxi and takeoff. It adds so much to the FS2002 environment. I have not done any flying at all since I installed this addon. Regards, Bob.

Guest PhilC

Any of you know why I get an error and crash with the aimap module when trying to load the tower? I seem to only have it occassionally like when starting at certain levels. Can I just disable the aimap? I don't need it.

There is a new neat Tower program (Version II) at flightsim.com. It is called rcmctw88.zip. I will include a screenshot. It allows you to view all of the airport, has five levels or floors of the tower, allows you to monitor all of the radio channels, has a slew function with toggle switches, has a GPS and AI radar, temperature and wind monitor, plus lots more. There was a previous version that did not have all of these functions. Hope you enkoy it as do I. Regards to all, Bob.

I found that it will crash if you save a flight with the aimap unselected in the view mode and then attempt to open the map with either the aimap button or from the views menu. I don't know why this happens. Otherwise, I don't have any problems with the aimap. If you know anything about editing panels and you really don't want the aimap, you could just remove it from the panel.cfg. This would solve your problem.Ray