Sign in to follow this  
ExpressJetXE

Waiting For Clearance To Takeoff

I was sitting at KIAH waiting at the short line waiting for ATC to tell me to position and hold. I sat there forever while the AI planes were landing. It never told me to taxi into position and hold. Did RC just forgot about me sitting there landing all the AI planes or should I turn the traffic slider down?Thanks

Make sure you are close as possible to the runway. Depending on your cockpit view for your chosen aircraft when at the correct position you might appear visually closer than you think. Consider spacing out aircraft on approach using the freeware AI Smooth:http://www.sg-flightware.de/Also be sure your fsuipc and makerwys is up to date links are the pinned topic near the head of this forum. Then run the RC Scenery Build utility from within RC to insure RC actually has correct information about your airport scenery so it accurately knows your location with respect to the runways and taxiways.

I was sitting at KIAH waiting at the short line waiting for ATC to tell me to position and hold. I sat there forever while the AI planes were landing. It never told me to taxi into position and hold. Did RC just forgot about me sitting there landing all the AI planes or should I turn the traffic slider down?Thanks

Make sure you are close as possible to the runway. Depending on your cockpit view for your chosen aircraft when at the correct position you might appear visually closer than you think. Consider spacing out aircraft on approach using the freeware AI Smooth:http://www.sg-flightware.de/Also be sure your fsuipc and makerwys is up to date links are the pinned topic near the head of this forum. Then run the RC Scenery Build utility from within RC to insure RC actually has correct information about your airport scenery so it accurately knows your location with respect to the runways and taxiways.
Ok I installed AISmooth. But I still have this problem After waiting 1 1/2 hrs to take off i just stoped the program. I was seeing the AI planes just dissapearing for takeoff. Aftre I taxied behind the one at the hold short it sat there forever. RC never told it to taxi into position or anything. This is time comsuming just to sit waiting on RC to tell the AI what to do that is IF RC is seeing the AI planes. But thats why i dont like to leave a big airport because of this. In real life it should had not took more that 6-8 min to taxi to rwy33R at KIAH. It was a 32 min flight. Any other sugestions? I will send JD the log.

RC does not control AI for position and hold take-off clearance except when you only are on short final it freezes AI to prevent runway encroachment.Are you using any special scenery or afcads for KIAH? If so and you have FS9 get AFCADv221 from the FS9 utilities library. After installation click on open airports and when it is ready enter KIAH in the search box and OK it. There should be a default stock layer in the scenery box plus just one additional layer if you have a scenery or afcad install. If you have any layers between a bottom and top layer, double click on them see see what is in them. If they do not show taxiways, etc., the they do not count toward a maximum installed layer count of stock plus one.Double click the top layer. Click on View, Show Hold Short Limits. Look at your hold short points and make sure the red circle overlaps the edge of the runway. Also open up afcad's help file and search for the hold-short limits section. Note what it recommends where one AI may get stuck following one that took off. Add that extra blue node as described but just slightly overlapping the red node. Finally run AFCAD's fault finder to see what it comes up with. See if there are any open links from the taxi line tothe runway.If you download the latest FSUIPC from the link in that thread and expand the zip into a folder, you'll see a utility in there called Traffic Look. Once FS starts you can run that in another window. It will show a table of the states of AI in ai aircraft and you can look at events of traffic arriving on your runway. Also make sure there is no ai stuck further down the runway holding up aircraft from taxiing into position and being cleared for takeoff.Another item to reduce take-off queuing congestion is the freeware FS9 Configurator from Ken Salter here in the libraries. One of it functions can be used to speed up ai taxiing slightly faster so they exit the runway faster on to available space on taxiways for runway exits.

Ok I installed AISmooth. But I still have this problem After waiting 1 1/2 hrs to take off i just stoped the program. I was seeing the AI planes just dissapearing for takeoff. Aftre I taxied behind the one at the hold short it sat there forever. RC never told it to taxi into position or anything. This is time comsuming just to sit waiting on RC to tell the AI what to do that is IF RC is seeing the AI planes. But thats why i dont like to leave a big airport because of this. In real life it should had not took more that 6-8 min to taxi to rwy33R at KIAH. It was a 32 min flight. Any other sugestions? I will send JD the log.
i haven't seen the .logmake sure you have the latest fsuipc and makerwys. links pinned to the top of the forumafter verifying the latest makerwys, click the rebuild rc scenery database buttonthen make a .log, instructions pinned to the top of the forumtry to duplicate the problem, and send me the .log if it happens againjd

Ok I installed AISmooth. But I still have this problem After waiting 1 1/2 hrs to take off i just stoped the program. e log.
I've had that happen to me a couple of times but I didn't wait that long. After a few minutes when I could see there was nothing on approach or on the runway I started moving into position. As soon as I did I got the instruction to "line up and wait." So I was clearly not positioned far enough forward.On another occasion I lined up, still not having heard from RC and took off and was then told to contact departure. After that flight I added some scenery for that airport (Manchester) rebuilt the scenery db and it never happened again.What should happen if you move without clearance is that tower shouts at you and tells you off! :( Iain Smith