Sign in to follow this  
Guest MB327

What about VATSIM?

David this is very kind of you. Thank you.Let me just add here that VATSIM is a global organisation and lots of things are focused on local procedures rather than a general VATSIM procedure
This is indeed one of the key points. In germany we made the experience, that a lot of new pilots have found it much easier to start with VFR instead of IFR. This way you can focus yourself to learn on how to handle your plane in the multiplayer environment and on how to interact with ATC. But you don

Guest Matt Johnson

>it's got nothing to do with inferior machines, but everything>with not liking Roger Wilco. I had two attempts at installing>it, both times it installed spyware on my system, without the>option to refuse it, it then took over my browser, and to top>it off, started surfing the net in the middle of an FS>session. So, until Vatsim supports another voice>communications software, it's typing all the way for me.Let's just say that people are definitely tackling this particular problem as a matter of some urgency. :)--M

I think a lot of people, myself included, are a little intimidated by the thought of online flying. I've tinkered around with it a few times in the past and quickly got the feeling that I was the only one that didn't really know what they were doing.One think I always thought would be nice would be to have an airspace or two set aside exclusively for beginners and have events like Newbie Night, and the like, where you have maybe two or three controlled airports in close proximity to each other where people could just come in and figure things out, without all the added pressure of being expected to know what your doing. Sure it would probably be a little chaotic, but I think you'd get a lot more people willing to try it out if they knew they weren't going to be the only ones that weren't all that sure exactly what they were doing.Just my 2 cents.Matt

>>One think I always thought would be nice would be to have an>airspace or two set aside exclusively for beginners and have>events like Newbie Night, and the like, where you have maybe>two or three controlled airports in close proximity to each>other where people could just come in and figure things out,>without all the added pressure of being expected to know what>your doing. Sure it would probably be a little chaotic, but I>think you'd get a lot more people willing to try it out if>they knew they weren't going to be the only ones that weren't>all that sure exactly what they were doing.>>Just my 2 cents.>>MattMatt this does happen in many places arround VATSIM.All you have to do is browse arround the local website and check for local training procedures. The VFR night Martin from VACC SAG informed us is just one of these.In my neighborhood for example we have live training nights every Monday night from 1900 to 2100 UTC in a specified area both for controllers and pilots.Out of curiosity, do check out the related page :http://avsim.com/greece/ -> Pilot's Area -> Pilots Training -> Training NightsKyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vatsim-eur.org/images/VATSIM-EURs.gifhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440