Sign in to follow this  
atc81

Preferred order of starting up multiple programs

After a long absence from FS9 and add-ons, I'm trying to get everything up to speed but I am getting numerous CTD's. I seem to recall there was a preferred order in which to load various programs but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Here are the programs I want to run: FS Build, FS9, ASV6, AI Smooth, and RC4. Anyone recall this topic?Thanks for any ideas and/or advice.Bill

I always start ASV6 before I start FS9. I also like to start RC4 before FS9, but that's optional because I don't load the flight plan into RC4 and start RC4's ATC until I'm sitting at the departure airport.This is the order I start my programs:ASV6RC4FSHotSFXFS9AISmoothI only use FS Build to build flight plans and do not run it while I fly.

After a long absence from FS9 and add-ons, I'm trying to get everything up to speed but I am getting numerous CTD's. I seem to recall there was a preferred order in which to load various programs but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Here are the programs I want to run: FS Build, FS9, ASV6, AI Smooth, and RC4. Anyone recall this topic?Thanks for any ideas and/or advice.Bill
1. ASV6 - gets the weather2. FSBuild - uses the weather3. ASV6 - Load the flightplan you created with FSBuild and set up GEPro textures if you have them4. FS9 - Load the flightplan in the default Cessna, set time you want, run, move the Cessna to the gate you want and then load the plane you're going to flyset up load and fuel5. RC4 - set up parameters for this flight and run.I don't use AI smooth; RC4 works fine for taking care of conflicts in most cases.DJ

My order, seems to work for me: AVSV6FS9create a flight (I use the free route finder for flight plans so no issue here)fspassengers(If I so decide to use it)Ai smooth or connect to vatsim( if I feel like flying online)I also have geproultimate terrainflight environmentBut all these arnt loaded programs so to speak :)

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Thanks for the responses! DJ, I think it was the the issue of putting the cessna at the location before selecting the type of aircraft that was shutting me down. It works perfectly now.Bill