Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest XIANG

MD 11 Reject Take Off

Assume that TO/GA autothrottle has been engaged and the MD-11 is accelerating. The ABS is set to RTO and the spoiler is armed. If something warning happend before V1, how should I reject this takeoff? I tried to pull back the thrust, but the take off autothrottle has been engaged, so my controller can not overide it. Any ideas?Xiang Cao

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can set in the options menu to allow your controller to override the auto throttle and reject the take off.

Options or as I found out trying to use the keyboard just for fun - F1 works as well :( John Ellison

You can set in the options menu to allow your controller to override the auto throttle and reject the take off.
This is how I performed a RTO in Zurich yesterday. Worked flawlessly.Tim

Make sure your autobrakes are armed for RTO, and your spoilers are armed. Check the manual and it will give you the criteria for a RTO, but for the most part if you bring your throttle to idle prior to V1 the plane should reject the takeoff. It's a pretty awesome sight to see!Paul

There is an option to allow the joystick throttle to override auto throttle only when its in clamp mode, so this would work great during the take off roll, but it wont disconnect it if you accidentally nudge the joystick during cruise for example.