Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ant02151973

system time

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can't get flight sim 2004 to load the correct time and date. Any ideas?
Are you sayimg that if you have FS2004 Settings/General set to "System Time" instead of "Flight Time" that it does not load the system with the current date and time?Are you sure your Windows date and time are set correctly? (Start/Settings/Control Panel/Date and Time)

Thanks for the help.yes I have use system time in fs2004. When I load the program it doesn't load the time or date correctly. I have no idea how to fix this. I checked my windows time and date and they are correct.

This is a new "problem" - to me at least.Have you installed any utilty or enhancement which involves the time and/or date in any way?

Is it off a consistent amount or does it vary?I don't pay too much attention to the time in the sim, however I have noticed it off by an hour from time to time. I chalked it up to a glitch in communications between FS and Windows caused by the Windows update concerning the Daylight Savings Time date changes.

no I haven't installed anything new. I'm new to windows vista so I'm not sure if it has something to do with it?

no I haven't installed anything new. I'm new to windows vista so I'm not sure if it has something to do with it?
You may be on to something. I run XP so cannot try to duplicate your problem but many things in FS apparently do not work properly unless you have turned off "permissions" - either globally or on selected folders.Keep us posted.