Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cedric Sin

Anyone here using GF 9600GSO?

I have a very old video card and I'm going to change it soon. I don't want the new one to be too costy so I think I will choose the 9600GSO, but I would like to ask about the performance of this video card in FS before I pay my money. Any suggestions are also welcomed.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Tell us about the rest of your system, please. And about your expectations for FS, and which FS you use. A 9600 may be great for FS9,but not FSX, depending on your system.Bob

OK, just don't be shocked.Intel pentium 4 CPU, 3.0 GhzCURRENT video card: Radeon X300, 128MbHard Drive: 140Gb1Gb DDR2 RAMWindows XP with SP3Power Supply: 305W (which will also be renewed to a 510W or above power supply)

OK, just don't be shocked.Intel pentium 4 CPU, 3.0 GhzCURRENT video card: Radeon X300, 128MbHard Drive: 140Gb1Gb DDR2 RAMWindows XP with SP3Power Supply: 305W (which will also be renewed to a 510W or above power supply)
Given todays prices, I'd go for a 9600GT 512M and a second GB of RAM.

What if I don't change the power supply and buy a HD4670 instead, is it good enough? One more thing, can somebody give me some fps figures of HD4670, 9600GT and GF 9600GSO in a specific airport (fs2004) for reference? Thanks.