Sign in to follow this  
Guest stau

FS2004 and FSX

Guest stau

Hello all,I just bought FSX deluxe. I still fly with FS2004 so I was wondering can I have both installed on the same computer and still be able to play both?Thanks StAu

I do and have experienced no problems, so yes, you can.By the way, since getting a new computer with an Intel Q9300, 8 Gb RAM, and an nVidia 9800GT, I haven't used FS9 much at all....

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Guest stau

Thanks for info. I will most likely need a new puter. That should go over well with the wife LoL

Thanks for info. I will most likely need a new puter. That should go over well with the wife LoL
I'm not sure if it's really necessary, but I keep FSX (w/SP2) and FS9 on separate drives. I've been using both for over a year and experienced no problems. I have a lot of favorite aircraft I like to fly in FS9, plus I still have FSNAV, so it makes a pleasant change from FSX.Dale

Dale

Hello all,I just bought FSX deluxe. I still fly with FS2004 so I was wondering can I have both installed on the same computer and still be able to play both?Thanks StAu
Yes, they are completely independent of one another. The only reasons why I still have both is because several of my most enjoyed payware addons are not compatible with FSX and I am still migrating files over to FSX. I am learning to cope with the losses. Otherwise I find no reason to still have FS9. Keith

Keith Guillory

Hi StAu.The two will coexist. Try FSX, but Do Not remove FS9 until you are convinced that it's FSX that you Really want. In addition to the Resources needed, it's not very attractive, especially around Dusk time, 19:00 Aug 24. I am having a very difficult time trying to make FSX useful / acceptable. The Gold Textures at the Airports, Muddy looking Dusks, difficult to see Hiways etc. I was able to find fix for the Hiways, I am working on the Gold airports now.It's one of those things, if it's there, you have to try it. TV

Hi StAu.The two will coexist. Try FSX, but Do Not remove FS9 until you are convinced that it's FSX that you Really want. In addition to the Resources needed, it's not very attractive, especially around Dusk time, 19:00 Aug 24. I am having a very difficult time trying to make FSX useful / acceptable. The Gold Textures at the Airports, Muddy looking Dusks, difficult to see Hiways etc. I was able to find fix for the Hiways, I am working on the Gold airports now.It's one of those things, if it's there, you have to try it. TV
The one thing I did not mention is that very thing about textures. You may not be satisfied with the base product but I have added Ultimate Terrain X and Ground Environment X. They somewhat add to the wait time on start up of FSX, but they bring clarity to roads, bridges, highways, bodies of water and beaches. I'm considering the Active Sky Advanced to enhance my skies and weather. My original comment was not to say FS9 was no longer a viable product. I just came to grips with moving along with FSX. Oh I actually ran my FS9 yesterday with no problems then turned around and ran FSX. I also have similar set ups on an second hard drive. You can in deed run your installs this way too.Keith

Keith Guillory