Sign in to follow this  
victorwest2

Upgrade worth from 7900GT 256mb to 9600GT?

I'm considering doing an upgrade to my graphics card. Currently I have a 7000GT 256MB and was thinking of going for the 9600GT. I know I could go for something even better but I don't really want to spend too much. CPU is Intel E6600 and I have 2GB of RAM. Would the FPS improvement in FSX be worth it? I also use a TH2go set up.

I'm considering doing an upgrade to my graphics card. Currently I have a 7000GT 256MB and was thinking of going for the 9600GT. I know I could go for something even better but I don't really want to spend too much. CPU is Intel E6600 and I have 2GB of RAM. Would the FPS improvement in FSX be worth it? I also use a TH2go set up.
I currently have an 8600GTS 256M and should be receiving a new 9600GT 512M tomorrow.Will report my findings :( Q6600@3.0 2GB RAM WinXP Pro 1680x1050 8XS AA 8XAF

Bert

I currently have an 8600GTS 256M and should be receiving a new 9600GT 512M tomorrow.Will report my findings :( Q6600@3.0 2GB RAM WinXP Pro 1680x1050 8XS AA 8XAF
Answer is: Two thumbs up.Better fps, smoother, and runs cooler.Worth $150... well to me, yes. This finally has my system running the way I wanted it to all along :(

Bert