Sign in to follow this  
Guest JamesrwATC

PSS coming back?

Guest 777ER

I noticed the website is back up today....says 'Rising again Spring 2009'Since I had a account with PSS when I purchased the 777-200LR, will they have accounts back online where they left off?

Guest Christopher_D

If they come back, and their quality remains as it was with FS2002 in comparison to the new technologies available, my credit card may be willing to give a second chance.I admit, they fell WAY behind in FS2004 days. TYhey ruled in FS2002, started downhill in FS2004, then disappeared (And, no, Piracy wasn't the cause, sorry. Just a few bad business decisions brought it about -- but of course that is just my opinion).If we recall correctly from prior news and reports, etc., yeah the COMPANY may be coming back, but we should be getting a different crew. If I recall correctly, the man who ran PSS is not coming back, and it was his son that wanted to purchase the rights to PSS and eventually bring it back. Correct me if I am wrong there, but if this is the case then I am still maintaining hope for a better business model and practice that will **HOPEFULLY** produce products that will set a standard now that their FS2002 line did in that day.Good luck on the return, PSS. Here's to high hopes for a 757 and 777 of your quality. (No emoticon for root beer -- so we'll just pretend).

Other than the obvious attitude change and support for customers left hanging, I hope they pay greater attention to detail, ie better overall models/vc and sound ambiance.I never thought they had to knock themselves out to achieve PMDG/LDS standards of systems depth. There's nothing wrong with a 'lite' advanced category all their own - less detailed systems does not mean 'crap', it just means less detailed, and some of us actually don't mind that. Except for the balsa wood VC, so so model with the train doors :( and inadequate switch sounds and engine sounds (which I've replaced or 'enhanced' myself :( ), I quite enjoy the 777 when I do fly it.

Regards,

Mark

Guest Biggles1975

I hope they come back I quite enjoy flying my PSS aircraft And would not mind having them for FSX.

Guest Binkles

I guess the most outstanding point to me, is that no one has come here to even post it from the owners. Kinda points to me (personal view) that the support may still not be rectified.OTOH, if they came and posted - Phoenix is coming back they would be hounded for support. Again, I will have a wait and see approach.Whether they offer me access to the planes I've purchased or not, I'm not fussed, I don't fly those anymore, but I realise there are others that do.The biggest hope is if the son did get the rights - but remember, that may just be for the current versions of the planes - if at all, and not allowed to update them.Another question is that if the likes of a well known 737 aircraft from 2000 was withdrawn etc, would people get peeved as they can't download and use it? At some point support for older aircraft etc will be dropped by all the companies.

Guest bjjones
Got to admit that its news to me :(
...and to me!Nice to see the (ex)staff are kept in the loop, I know i'm not the only one either.

Does anyone know anything about this, went to their site tonight and there's a banner that says "Rising again Spring 2009"... check it out..If anyone knows anything it'd be great to find out what they're up to (what they've been developing for FSX)http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/
And here we are in Summer........................... and where are they eh?Phoenix = Myth. :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

Technically they have 3 weeks. Summer begins on June 21st.

Eric 

Technically they have 3 weeks. Summer begins on June 21st.
"Rising again Spring 2009"... means 'during'. Forget it, It ain't gonna happen :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

"Rising again Spring 2009"... means 'during'. Forget it, It ain't gonna happen :(
Dave,You are an old cynic! But I do have to agree with you.Although I can't see why anyone should go to the bother of that new web page .................John

Ya, actually, you guys are right...PSS is more a joke than anything else now. That coming soon page is actually how the old PSS operated...always late, always broken promises, always a joke....ala Captain Sim. They should do themselves a favor and run the Phoenix bird over with a bus and kill it once and for all.

Eric 

Ya, actually, you guys are right...PSS is more a joke than anything else now. That coming soon page is actually how the old PSS operated...always late, always broken promises, always a joke....ala Captain Sim. They should do themselves a favor and run the Phoenix bird over with a bus and kill it once and for all.
I think they are coming back stronger than before, what I'm guessing is that they are waiting for the B787 maiden flight for them to come out with good surprise. :(

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

I think they are coming back stronger than before, what I'm guessing is that they are waiting for the B787 maiden flight for them to come out with good surprise. :(
Just explain to me how anyone wil be able to produce an accurate simulation of an airliner that nobody has flown in then?Don't make me laugh please. :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

Just explain to me how anyone wil be able to produce an accurate simulation of an airliner that nobody has flown in then?Don't make me laugh please. :(
And how would Boeing fly there new aircraft if they have never flown it before??, this is only simulation (and by the way, there is B787 airplane already working OK with FSX for last 2 years made by Abacus I think).What I said in my previous post was some kind of sarcastic B) (and was meant for you to laugh) :( , but looks like was taken as official statement!! :(

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

hello"and by the way, there is B787 airplane already working OK with FSX for last 2 years made by Abacus I think"now that did make me laugh :-)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.