Sign in to follow this  
Johnny767

Die for an Airbus

Folks:I know, I know...Many of you want more and more boeings (besides the many out there already). But come on, aren't there enough Boeings out there. Everyone develops boeings but few even try Airbuses. Why? Does it has to do with Airbus being such an advanced and complex aircraft? Or is it becuase Airbus will not share their "secrets" of building an Airbus? Or, I don't know, but I WISH, I WISH, I WISH PMDG would develop a BIG, LOVELY, AND POWERFUL AIRBUS 340-300/500/600...and see that marvel of engineering park right beside your eyes, and you heart and soul starts pounding as you smell the fuel from those powerful engines...And then you are invited to enter the cockpit, sit and push the throttles forward, and as it rolls your hands start perspiring and your chest pumps up a few inches....Ahhhhh! Some dreams come true, you know that, right?PMDG: Will you make our dreams come true? If we can dream it, you can build it !!! Yes, I know you can... Airbus 340- (yes the big powerful ones, not the baby ones). My next purchase from PMDG-- AIRBUSES !!!!!!! Until, then.Juan Gonzalez

I have been closely following Airsimmer's claims in their discussion forum, and I really am beginning to seriously doubt their repeated assertions about being "nearly ready" to release that long-awaited Airbus.I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if one year from now the folks at Airsimmer are still stoking the fires of optimistic expectation with yet more repeated updates and promises, but no actual product to sell.I'm still hoping against hope that despite PMDG's repeated denials of interest in an Airbus, we will all be treated some day soon with a PMDG A320 that boasts of jaw-dropping accuracy and fidelity to all the flight-dynamics and flight-deck instrumentation aspects of that great airliner, so as to put the promise-meisters at Airsimmer out to pasture for good.Tony Selario

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

I have been closely following Airsimmer's claims in their discussion forum, and I really am beginning to seriously doubt their repeated assertions about being "nearly ready" to release that long-awaited Airbus.I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if one year from now the folks at Airsimmer are still stoking the fires of optimistic expectation with yet more repeated updates and promises, but no actual product to sell.
Ditto!

Matthew S

I have been closely following Airsimmer's claims in their discussion forum, and I really am beginning to seriously doubt their repeated assertions about being "nearly ready" to release that long-awaited Airbus.I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if one year from now the folks at Airsimmer are still stoking the fires of optimistic expectation with yet more repeated updates and promises, but no actual product to sell.I'm still hoping against hope that despite PMDG's repeated denials of interest in an Airbus, we will all be treated some day soon with a PMDG A320 that boasts of jaw-dropping accuracy and fidelity to all the flight-dynamics and flight-deck instrumentation aspects of that great airliner, so as to put the promise-meisters at Airsimmer out to pasture for good.Tony Selario
Uhh, PMDG is coming out with an a320. They announced it like 2 years ago.

Uhh, PMDG is coming out with an a320. They announced it like 2 years ago.
Sure am glad to hear that PMDG did mention an interest in the A320 some time back, Steve. That is reassuring news.In response to my vote for this bird earlier on in this discussion thread, one of the PMDG staffers did state categorically that there have been several official denials of rumours suggesting an airbus might be in the works. Hope springs eternal though, so lets wait and see, keeping our fingers crossed in anticipation of a pleasant surprise when the smoke clears. Tony Selario

I think all developers should go to a non-disclosure approach on releasing information about current or future products, as Level-D has done. EACH project takes multiple years to complete, and you as a consumer, on the outside of development, either understand that or you are in a perpetual state of denial and can't stand the fact that the aircraft isn't going to be released a second sooner, than when the developers are ready to release it.You can either choose to accept this, or post repeatedly on these companies forums about how you are not satistisfied with the progress of a development to which you are not involved. Your posts are not constructive, are nothing but speculative, and show a lack of confidence in these developers. I'm sure they don't appreciate it.-Steve Me

I think all developers should go to a non-disclosure approach on releasing information about current or future products, as Level-D has done. EACH project takes multiple years to complete, and you as a consumer, on the outside of development, either understand that or you are in a perpetual state of denial and can't stand the fact that the aircraft isn't going to be released a second sooner, than when the developers are ready to release it.You can either choose to accept this, or post repeatedly on these companies forums about how you are not satistisfied with the progress of a development to which you are not involved. Your posts are not constructive, are nothing but speculative, and show a lack of confidence in these developers. I'm sure they don't appreciate it.-Steve Me
On the contrary, Steve, I can't see how PMDG would take offence over a little excited speculation from their loyal ciustomer base. At least we know that whatever they deliver will be a polished and meticulously crafted masterpiece, given the sterling track record of PMDG, though I do agree with you that some developmental phase progress secrecy does add to the thrill of eventually seeing the final product released, which will keep most of us second-guessers off balance prior the unveiling.Tony Selario