Sign in to follow this  
Guest santiagoluib3

Help on Saitek Pro Throttle spiking problems

I have the same problem, one of the axis is spiking, and I have button problems - the are basically overreacting - going on and off in the position where they should be on (button 7-8-9 for reverse). Especially when I hold my hand on the throttle.But I have a 2year warranty still active, so I'll first send them in.

Is it something like this?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uMLY9QORHg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I took mine apart, too. It seems like a lot of work, and it is! But here's a simpler method that has worked well for me:

If you're having trouble with the signal coming out of the pots in the Saitek Throttle Quadrant, do the following:

1. Unplug the USB cable.

2. Place the unit on its right side on top of a table (so the LED is at the top and T5/T6 are at the bottom).

3. Use a spray can of electrical contact cleaner with a straw on the nozzle and shoot plenty of cleaner at the base of the throttle arm. Move the arm back and forth its full length a few times.

4. Wait a few minutes for the spray to evaporate, then test.

The museum I volunteer at has a bunch of these. I've probably brought 30 or more units that had noisy signals back to life using this method very quickly and easily.

I agree with Hothopper. I had the same issues with my throttle spiking and just could not get resolution with a can of air or even alcohol and a cotton swab. With the spiking getting as bad as it did and fsuipc doing all it could to help out already, I got past my concerns about contact cleaner and the effect on the plastic and took the plunge... I am a happy camper ever since. It worked and I have not had any further issues in the last 6 months.

Sometimes you have to take hotas apart and clean the poteniometers with an electrical cleaning solution, usually comes in a spay can, and some moving parts might have to be lubricated.Resetting the null zone might help too. Check what the manufacturer recommends for cleaning and lubricating.

What he said.

I had the same issue few months ago, just cleaned the potentiometers with isopropyl alcohol and everything was ok.

What he said.

I had the same issue few months ago, just cleaned the potentiometers with isopropyl alcohol and everything was ok.

Yup,that worked for me :) 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Yup,that worked for me :) 

Worked for me too! However, after testing it and reassembling the unit, one of the little red wires broke. :mad: I must have been so excited that I was actually going to have working throttles that I got a little too careless and it broke at the connection to the little yellow peice. Does anybody know if it can be soldered back on? If so, what type of solder to use?