Sign in to follow this  
JeffEvans

Acft moves on RC4 initilization

Just updated my RC4 database and makerwy. Also added AirNav FS Live Traffic X. Now when I initialize (hit "Start RC) RC the acft moves several yards away from the gate. Have double checked to make sure I'm at the same airport the flightplan calls for. Any suggestions.Also, JD, I'd like to provide some updates voices for RC for me and everyone, is there a new RC program to do so like there was in the past.Jeff EvenRocklin, CA

Just updated my RC4 database and makerwy. Also added AirNav FS Live Traffic X. Now when I initialize (hit "Start RC) RC the acft moves several yards away from the gate. Have double checked to make sure I'm at the same airport the flightplan calls for. Any suggestions.Also, JD, I'd like to provide some updates voices for RC for me and everyone, is there a new RC program to do so like there was in the past.Jeff EvenRocklin, CA
rc only moves the plane if you are more than 10 miles from the departure airport.what version of makerwys are you running? what version of rc are you running? what version of fsuipc?also, if your

Is this happening at all airports? Do you know if the package installs equivalent AFCADS (whatever they are called in FSX)?

Yeah, it's happening everywhere. AirNav Live Traffic X does update most airports so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.Jeff

Yeah, it's happening everywhere. AirNav Live Traffic X does update most airports so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.Jeff
how does it update them? if it is with a bgl file, that will be picked up by makerwys. if the scenery.cfg file is a little messed up, makerwys won't find the new files.when you say move, are we talking feet? 10's of feet? like i said earlier, rc only moves your plan if it is 10 miles or further from where you .pln says it should be.jd

At some airports it 10 feet, at some it's 100 yards. I'm not sure how it adds the files. Jeff

JD... AirNav says "Live Traffic sets the scenery via scenery.cfg and then traffic.bgl for the flights." Hope that helps.Jeff

Can you ask their support if they replace/add airport properties? Maybe there is a support forum you can query.I see they also had an FS9 version. I hope they redid any afcad type bgls for FSX. There could be a fixed displacement somewhere. While not ten miles (I hope) there might be something else. Not for RC but if you specify a gate in your flightplan and it does not match the scenery some programs will move your aircraft. I'm going to guess that like most traffic programs they add afcad type airport bgl files to batch update parking to match the AI they report.

I'm sending this to both AirNav and JD at Radar Contact. I don't know what the problem is but my FSX is now unflyable. It has to be either the AirNav FS Live Traffic X or how it interacts with Radar Contact.On the AirNav side, I get the new airports and traffic but no "TOOLS" in my menu bar.On the Radar Contact side, ever since I've added Live Traffic X as soon as I initialize RC, my aircraft moves several hundred hards and the RC window will not appear.Please advise. Thanks in advance.Jeff EvenRocklin, CA

I'm sending this to both AirNav and JD at Radar Contact. I don't know what the problem is but my FSX is now unflyable. It has to be either the AirNav FS Live Traffic X or how it interacts with Radar Contact.On the AirNav side, I get the new airports and traffic but no "TOOLS" in my menu bar.On the Radar Contact side, ever since I've added Live Traffic X as soon as I initialize RC, my aircraft moves several hundred hards and the RC window will not appear.Please advise. Thanks in advance.Jeff EvenRocklin, CA
why not uninstall both.does fsx work correctly?install one of the twodoes fsx behave correctly?install the otherdoes fsx behave correctly?remember to rebuild the rc scenery database after you install rc and after you install the ai packagejd

Uninstalled the previous My Traffic X program and then reinstalled the AirNav FS Live Traffic X. RC is now working fine after rebuilding the DB. Apparently some type of scenery conflict perhaps between My Traffic X and FS Live Traffic X that screwed up RC.Thanks again for the help.Jeff

Uninstalled the previous My Traffic X program and then reinstalled the AirNav FS Live Traffic X. RC is now working fine after rebuilding the DB. Apparently some type of scenery conflict perhaps between My Traffic X and FS Live Traffic X that screwed up RC.Thanks again for the help.Jeff
yep, i think that was mentioned as a probable cause.jd

Thought that maybe upgrading My Traffic to ver 52 would help so I paid the $20 and bought it. Problem is back. Thing is, JD, no one else is reporting any conflicts between RC, My Traffic and Live Traffic X. Have you heard of anyone else with this problem?Below is the post I sent to AirNav and MyTraffic:-----------------------------------This is driving me nuts!! I am an FS veteran and have been with it for over 10 years. Not a newbie.Running Vista 32 and FSX. Purchased FS Live Traffic X and upgraded My Traffic X to ver 52. Ran both setup procedures per the instructions including changes to the dll.xml file, etc. I am also running Radar Contact and am running the most current version and the most current versions of FSUIPC and MakeRunways.Things are fine until I open Radar Contact at which point the aircraft moves anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 mile from the gate it was parked at.I tried starting FS Live Traffic X, starting FSX and then rebuilding the DB in RC. Still the acft moves.I am posting this to both the AirNav and MyTraffic pages hoping that someone can help me.Thanks in advance...Jeff EvenRocklin, CA

Thought that maybe upgrading My Traffic to ver 52 would help so I paid the $20 and bought it. Problem is back. Thing is, JD, no one else is reporting any conflicts between RC, My Traffic and Live Traffic X. Have you heard of anyone else with this problem?Below is the post I sent to AirNav and MyTraffic:-----------------------------------This is driving me nuts!! I am an FS veteran and have been with it for over 10 years. Not a newbie.Running Vista 32 and FSX. Purchased FS Live Traffic X and upgraded My Traffic X to ver 52. Ran both setup procedures per the instructions including changes to the dll.xml file, etc. I am also running Radar Contact and am running the most current version and the most current versions of FSUIPC and MakeRunways.Things are fine until I open Radar Contact at which point the aircraft moves anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 mile from the gate it was parked at.I tried starting FS Live Traffic X, starting FSX and then rebuilding the DB in RC. Still the acft moves.I am posting this to both the AirNav and MyTraffic pages hoping that someone can help me.Thanks in advance...Jeff EvenRocklin, CA
have you made a .log and sent it to me?park you aircraft where you think it should be. start rc. click debug. load your .pln, click start.after the plane has moved, stop rc, and send me the .logjd