Sign in to follow this  
Guest Waleed777

MD-11 Auto Brakes

Guest Waleed777

Hello,Before writing, I searched the forum to see if anyone had posted this topic, I did not find. The problem is when I land I have the auto breaks on( low or mid 1 or 2) based on the airport conditions and it works fine, but when my speed goes down I close the auto break off but the breaks still on, I press all buttons related to breaks to release but it does not affect then my MD11 completely stops on the RWY :( I uninstalled and reinsulated again but with no change :( Any Help please.Thank you Waleed

The autobrakes should disconnect when you depress the normal brakes - toe brakes or period (".") key. Does that not happen on your system?

Guest Waleed777
The autobrakes should disconnect when you depress the normal brakes - toe brakes or period (".") key. Does that not happen on your system?
When i depress the normal brakes or Press (".") it donst do it. But in normal condiations or with other A/C it does affect.Regards,

When i depress the normal brakes or Press (".") it donst do it. But in normal condiations or with other A/C it does affect.Regards,
I had a similar issue by switchin goff the AB during the slow down. After that the BRAKE stayed on and couldn't be stopped.Now I just keep the AB on untill it switches offf by itself. That seems to work fine.Give it a try OK?

Guest Waleed777
I had a similar issue by switchin goff the AB during the slow down. After that the BRAKE stayed on and couldn't be stopped.Now I just keep the AB on untill it switches offf by itself. That seems to work fine.Give it a try OK?
O.K i will give it a try.Thank you :(

O.K i will give it a try.Thank you :(
If your using the FS9 version you have to change the autobrake section in the aircraft cfg. Not sure if it's the same for FSX and it also seems to be hardware dependant (I use Saitek with toe brakes) Anyway I cant post the changes till later as I'm not at my home machine so if you can't wait do a search on this forum.Rob

Rob Prest

If your using the FS9 version you have to change the autobrake section in the aircraft cfg. Not sure if it's the same for FSX and it also seems to be hardware dependant (I use Saitek with toe brakes) Anyway I cant post the changes till later as I'm not at my home machine so if you can't wait do a search on this forum.Rob
You mean AUTOBRAKE=1 ? (I think that was it)

You mean AUTOBRAKE=1 ? (I think that was it)
Here Is what I do and it works fine every time.When it flashes Retard at 30 feet press F1When the front wheel is on the ground Press F2Below 60 kts Press F1 againPress "." the red brakes should disapearPress Z twiceYou now have complete control of the aircraft and you can brake manually.AlainV

Alain, my method is same as yours except I will deploy thrust reverse as soon as mains are planted not waiting for nose to touch down (based on comment by a pilot).

Dan Downs KCRP

Same, it takes a couple moments to deploy and the actual reverse thrust to come anyway, by then the front should be down.

Alain keep in mind quite a few people here use rudder pedals with toe brakes, throttles etc and never touch the keyboard. Kensai, yes Autobrake=1 was what fixed it for me with Saitek pedals.Rob

Rob Prest

Guest Waleed777

Thank you all for the good input. I will try all methods until red brakes disappear when using Auto brakes for landing. I usually press Z on final, as I like to land the bird manually.I will announce hear the result after making another flight and applying your recommendations :( Regards, WALEED

Did a LFPG-EDDF flight from FedEx yesterday and checked what I actually do during touchdown.

• Thrustlevers (on CH yoke) to idle during G/S approach
  • Thrust reverse F2 as soon as maingear touches the asphalt.
  • Disengage AP with Z
  • I keep the autobrake on until I'm <50kts (taxispeed appears @ 60kts in left MFD).
  • I retract the spoilers, and when speed reaches 45kts I use a little throttle to keep that speed
  • At that moment the brakes switch off (ABS disarm light comes on) and I taxi off the rwy.
  • When vacating the rwy I raise the flaps/slats and disarm the autobrake.
  • During vacating I start the PWR APU and AIR APU and switch off the LDNG lights. Nose light to TAXI; RWY Turnoff light ON (when not flying during daytime)
  • Contact Ground etc...

Guest Waleed777
Did a LFPG-EDDF flight from FedEx yesterday and checked what I actually do during touchdown.
  • Thrustlevers (on CH yoke) to idle during G/S approach
  • Thrust reverse F2 as soon as maingear touches the asphalt.
  • Disengage AP with Z
  • I keep the autobrake on until I'm <50kts (taxispeed appears @ 60kts in left MFD).
  • I retract the spoilers, and when speed reaches 45kts I use a little throttle to keep that speed
  • At that moment the brakes switch off (ABS disarm light comes on) and I taxi off the rwy.
  • When vacating the rwy I raise the flaps/slats and disarm the autobrake.
  • During vacating I start the PWR APU and AIR APU and switch off the LDNG lights. Nose light to TAXI; RWY Turnoff light ON (when not flying during daytime)
  • Contact Ground etc...

Did a flight everything went good except the Auto break remains on and do not go off with all my efforts in all buttons.I think I will not use auto brake in my next flight.I am using FS9.Thank you all,

You should not unlock the reversers until the mains have touched down. Reverse thrust is only available on 1 and 3 until the nose gear touches down, upon which reverse on 2 becomes available. Autobrake I think deploys when the ground spoilers deploy, as in the Airbus...Autobrake can be cancelled by manual braking, I normally wait until I am nearing the taxi speed threshold of 40 knots, disconnect autobrake with anual braking, and then slow down to runway runoff...Andrew