Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Saying Farewell to all...

Guest Matthew Murray

Mike, Too many times have I heard that you recieve this sort of ____ from people who are clueless and of no real addition to the community. I have known you for some time now, and I, we know you as a very talented indvidual who has more to offer than 'Johan'. I personally enjoy your work, and hopefully I will see more of it in the future. If not, then all the best to you in your future! However, don't stop talking to me on the internet!

-----------------------[bR]Matthew Murray[bR]Jet-Precision[bR]

http://www.jet-precision.com/MyTravel.jpg

Hey Mike. Forget this guy. As Pete said, this is a troubled kid. Don't cave in to a kid who is out to provoke you. I'd be d*mned if I'd quit because of this kid, or anyone else. If you love what you do, then keep on doing it. You must remember the majority of people who fly the sim, have NEVER flown a real aircraft. NEVER! They have no idea how one handles or should handle. For them to say anything without actual knowledge, is not right and should be ignored. It's always good to hear from people, but it's the way they write it, which makes the difference. I don't always agree with the designers "feel" of the planes, especially the ones I have flown in r/w. But I always send a letter of thank you to every single one of them, regardless of how it flys. I can fix that, but I also know how to suggest things to make it better, in a nice, non-criticizing way if I want to. I hope you change your mind after a break from designing and come back. Don't leave for the 10 who don't like your work. Do it for the thousands who do.Don

He John,I hope that your reply was aimed at post 11 and not to mine.Otherwise I AM confused :-)Rob

Guest R5D4

HI,just thought I'd add my comment to echo those above.When you get wound up by someone on the internet it is always worth remembering that most spluttering posts are from spotty teenagers full of angst. Their logic is invariably one dimensional and crass. If I received an email like the above my stock reply would be "DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND GET TO BED!"

Guest Aidi

Guys,As you have probably noticed lots of expeltives or references to have been "ammended". No its not the "Avsim Police" being petty, its about taking into consideration the range of age groups who frequent these forums... Please consider that when posting. I know most of you are regulars here and a subject such as this can really make you bite and chomp at the bit. Let just keep the expletives out of it.ThanksAidihttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

JDHOf course I dont know the guy who wrote that letter and the character I mentioned was fictitious but typical.The fact is that we dont see the person on the other end either their faces or hear their voices so they can operate under a false veil saying things they would be too fearful to say face to face.The internet is the ideal operating ground for the coward, the socially inadequate and those who get a perverted pleasure from hurting others knowing that they can hide behind this depersonalised medium.Meet them for real and they would run and hide. I am sure we would be shocked at the real world person at the other end.The fact is we all get such letters occasionally. Our mistake is imagining that we are dealing with serious like thinking individuals rather than nutcases or people with serious personality problems.Mikes response is the worst possible because the writer of that letter achieves what he wants which is simular to what the classroom bully achieves.All the bestPeter

JohnI dont know this guy but having recieved equally mad letters posted a fictitious personality profile of the types who write such garbage.They really are not worth the time of day or loosing any sleep over and deserve pity for their inadequate personalities which in the end will lead them to sad and lonely lives.That is the message they need back not feeding them by resigning from the flight sim world because then they have achieved their aimPeter

Time and time again freeware authors are being "frustrated out" by individuals like this - it seems the authors have to choose whether to take it or not.Mike - I hope you reconsider - talentless/timeless schmucks like me need you to help realize my dream of flight on my pc.But sir - if you do go - more power to you, because as pitiful as this person is - I don't think I could stomach too many of him for too long either!Best Regards, and thank you for your hard work and generosity.Mark - a fellow 40 year old ;)

Regards,

Mark

Two things are infinite: the universe, and stupidity of men.If you quit, you make room for folks like this Johan whatever-his-name. Stay! Fight! Don't let them overcome you! And ram people like him your virtual fist into their mouthes full of liquid bull___!Andreas

In the old days, a man like that would have been draged into the street and beaten.

Fellow freeware designers - don't give up due to rude feedback. I myself receive this kind of ____ from time to time - sometimes I even keep it in a separate folder, like a little "horror cabinet".So Mike, please come back to this wonderful hobby after you've settled down in Florida. Did the same thing last year (moved from Frankfurt/Germany to Vienna/Austria) and came back with new enthusiasm.One thing that requires our attention though is the quality and creation process of FDEs. I know that MSoft left us out in the dark here, but I'm a little unsatisfied with recently released FDEs myself (IFDG 757, MelJets, ...).Any ideas about how we as a community can learn more about creating good FDEs? I know of Ron Freimuth's tremendous work, but sometimes I have a hard time understanding some of the more detailed technical issues he raises.Is Msoft's FSEdit really as bad as we all believe? Have we ever truly tested it? Our A310 flight model was originally created with FSEdit, then heavily tweaked by hand mainly in the engine sections, where FSEdit doesn't help at all.We have to find a way to create "good enough" FDEs a little bit more straightforward than "guessing through" tons of AIR file entries without really knowing what we're doing. We also have to admit that FS flight models will always be on the toy side of things, it doesn't really require 100% exact MOIs all the time, but I want our FDEs to do some basic things right:- Realistic fuel consumption for safe trip planning- Realistic engine parameters (spool-up, thrust, drag, ...)- Realistic climb performance (less than 8000fpm with a fully loaded 777...)- Realistic deceleration (757s DO slow down in level flight with idle thrust...)- Stable altitude hold with AP, there are still some rocky FDEs outAnything else? Comments? Thanks for listening.Harald Nehring, A310 designer

Guest vas_yan

I think you are being a bit too sensitive about this. I find it hard to understand why would anyone quit his hobby because someone said he stinks at it.Anonymous electronic communication is not to be taken too seriously. I mean I would even urge people not to take my own posts with utmost seriousness. Do you all know each other in person? What if you were to find out that the guy who sent that flaming mail was actually a friend of yours, with a bit of perverse sense of humour perhaps, who can't come clean after all this, out of fear that you will smash your latest FDE on his head.If the original post was meant to attract attention to a disturbing habit of some people then fine. If it was a genuine letter of intention then I am perplexed to say the least...Finally, I believe that If you got to walk, you just do it, particularly if its out of frustration or anger. You don't post to say why you are going to. Anyway, as I said above don't take my post too seriously. Maybe I am just posting because I like to see my writing on the 'net ;-)

A big thanks to you all for your support! Before I recieved the trash in my email (along with others) I had been thinking about a "long" vacation anyway. This fool was just the "icing on the cake". I can assure everyone that I am not leaving just because of this one person. If that were the case, then I'd be a bigger fool than he. There were other factors involved in the decision. Those closest to me know some of the other reasons.I'll go for awhile and try to get my personal affairs in order and depending on what happens after I get situated in my new locale, maybe FS will be fun again. Many of you have agreed that lately (my guess is since FS2k) the community has gone down hill in many aspects. Eventually the crap individuals will be filtered or singled out and those of us who care and try to make this hobby fun will prevail. There will always be *ssholes around to try to shake things up. These are "armchair pilots" born with a masters degrees in all aspects of aviation. The minute Mommy and Daddy buys them a computer, they become "masters of all".I'll take my time off and hopefully return at a later date. I apologise to all of you that have supported me over the years with your fantastic emails and all your downloads. That alone has put me at the top along side of some of our other great contributers and no one can ever take that away from me. But we all reach a time in our life when we need to step back and take a breather.All my best!Mike

Guest Marvel

that is so horrible. At the very least it should be a constructive criticisim.

Mike, Don't worries about this, Johan is not a real simmer and he do not represent the true and real simmers community. He is only a small kids or old weird guys need a serious big patch.BTW: If you still have his email, with outlook express you can see his IP and details, by right cliking the email, than properties , than click details, see the first line Received: from 00.00.00.00ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis