Sign in to follow this  
tfm

Black/disappearing textures? Some bizarre news ...

Are you testing your signature? Or did you use an invisible font in your comment?

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest 413X3

for me the black and disappearing textures is completely solved by placing the uianimationcore.dll file into the main fsx folder. I do have countless other performance issues and bugs, d3d9.dll crashes, oom crashes, etc. But one issue at a time I guess...David

Guest 413X3

just as I say that I had the loss of textures after turning from dawn to day in Europe... LOL

I had lost all geometry a few days back when I landed at EGSS ( I always fly around Europe ). Just after I landed all textures geometry were present then the aircraft (737pic so it's not a PMDG issue) and scenery lights came on, must be some automated process, then it was AY! where's everything.....this was around 6pm GMT....I finished FSPAX and guess what? - black screen.I have black screen or corrupt graphics guaranteed when I do twilight and night flights......:( Daytime flights are affected around 20%Chris Farrell

I had lost all geometry a few days back when I landed at EGSS ( I always fly around Europe ). Just after I landed all textures geometry were present then the aircraft (737pic so it's not a PMDG issue) and scenery lights came on, must be some automated process, then it was AY! where's everything.....this was around 6pm GMT....I finished FSPAX and guess what? - black screen.I have black screen or corrupt graphics guaranteed when I do twilight and night flights......:( Daytime flights are affected around 20%Chris Farrell
All, it would be very helpful if everyone who experiences these problems would attach their system specs (including sound hardware), whether or not they have followed NickN's tuning guidelines, which add-ons are being used (scenery, weather etc) , which aircraft they were using, OS spec etc.Also if you do NOT have these particular problems, and you have a similar system setup to those who are experiencing these problems then hearing from you might also be helpful.Cheers!

Well, I'm an example of someone who's never seen the problem. Specs are in my sig - I don't know if I'm just lucky or what. I haven't seen too many people running MSI motherboards - a lot of the problem systems seem to be ASUS boards. I haven't had one of those in a very long time - last system was a Gigabyte (which had its own problems, but never this particular issue)Scott, yes I am intending to describe the various different issues in this thread. I'm not convinced it's all one thing just yet. It's definitely possible that there's multiple different things going on here.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest 413X3

for me the trouble started when adding addon scenery like fsdreamteam. Flying from one to the other, on approach or even in the air when I get near, it seems right at the time when the game is supposed to draw the airport scenery, bam. d3d9.dll error or oom error. I uninstalled Aerosoft brussels and don't get d3d9 error but still oom. I then turned of DEP in win7 (yes I tweaked to nicks guide exactly with latest drivers and latest ultimate terrain, etc) and now don't get oom. In the huge bufferpools=0 topic in the fsx forum one of the last posts ******* told me about tweaking a shader file, which makes older aircraft unflyable but that is OK. So I am trying that to see if it works.