Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

AirFrance A330 missing

Doubtful, venturing into a major convective storm could probably be likened to hand feeding a Kodiak bear. You're liable to to die.
Well, ... you'd probably be ripped to shreds first, pawed around a bit, .....and then yes you'd probably die.although, you could conceivably die between the shredding and pawing part...........just saying.

Well, ... you'd probably be ripped to shreds first, pawed around a bit, .....and then yes you'd probably die.although, you could conceivably die between the shredding and pawing part...........just saying.
I've never been much of one for the "Grizzly" details. :(

The pitot tube "problem" leading to unreliable IAS is frankly one of the least problems. For a competant pilot to deal with that would just be something to relieve the tedium of a long flight. Was the PiC competant enough? Did he panic? Did he get confused and too focussed on dealing with error messages instead of concetrating on flying the a/c? Did parts of the a/c break off within the storm? (In my opinion most likely!).vololiberista

TWA 800 was evidently a major cover up since eye witnesses saw with their own eyes a missile launch from the sea.
Do you also believe that 911 was an inside job and that the moon landings were faked? :(

Bernard

The pitot tube "problem" leading to unreliable IAS is frankly one of the least problems.
Take the pitots out of the equation and we most likely wouldn't be talking about what happened to flight AF447 now. All three companies that need to know, knew about the problem with the pitots and failed to do something about it, until now. Too late of course. The other two big incidents (out of nine) with pitots and A330'a prior to AF447, one in the Caribbean and the other one in the Pacific, happened in daylight. Big difference and big better outcomes. Cheers,MAB

Take the pitots out of the equation and we most likely wouldn't be talking about what happened to flight AF447 now. All three companies that need to know, knew about the problem with the pitots and failed to do something about it, until now. Too late of course. The other two big incidents (out of nine) with pitots and A330'a prior to AF447, one in the Caribbean and the other one in the Pacific, happened in daylight. Big difference and big better outcomes. Cheers,MAB
My point was that it is quite easy to fly an a/c with unreliable IAS. The BEA focused on the pitot tubes as if they were entirely responsible for the accident. Which is definately not the case!vololiberista

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
Do you also believe that 911 was an inside job and that the moon landings were faked? :(
Eyewitnesses saw missiles on the wings of the 757s and 767s before they 'hit' the WTC. Eyewitnesses saw bombs being 'placed' at the WTC. Duh!Can't you tell the difference between a cover up (fuel tanks have never exploded!!! and if they have never have i seen or heard on a commercial flight!) by Slick Willy and an attack by militant Islam? I guess those bus bombings in Israel and the IEDs are all planted by the CIA, FBI, Mossad and right wing extremist groups. Duh!You are so unintelligent. Read some books. Daniel

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
I don't agree!! Look back at the previous posts that show the images of the storms. Tropical convergence storms must be avoided at all costs at all times. Everybody did that except one a/c and that a/c went down. It is thought that the captain was not in the cockpit at the time leaving an inexperienced crew to deal with the myriad of confusing computer error messages, visual and audible warnings etc. Even if someone was able to take control of the a/c the convection current of the storm were well beyond the design of the a/c. Very little of the a/c has been discovered so many questions remain unanswered regarding the break up of the a/c.As for your theory relating to TWA800 forget it ok!!!!!!!! vololiberista
The weather was known to the pilots well before they got there. They would have known that this weather was far too serious. Only a hijack could have done this. Taken the controls of the aircraft then being idiots they flew straight through the storm. Whether passengers stormed the cockpit like UAL93 is unknown. There were two terror suspects on board that flight.Daniel

My point was that it is quite easy to fly an a/c with unreliable IAS. The BEA focused on the pitot tubes as if they were entirely responsible for the accident. Which is definately not the case!vololiberista
It's my understanding that you are a commercial pilot? So what is easy about flying a A330 that has just dumped the automatics to Direct Law while in IMC during severe turbulance at night? It's easy to say that from the comfort of your home or during your next simulator check, perhaps a few beads of sweat at most when you step out of the box. The 757 Birgenair crew couldn't even do it when all they lost was one Pitot. So please, easy is not the right word, you will find a big gap between your training and how you perform when your butt is on the line and you can barely make out your standby instruments.And Daniel, are you being serious? if so I suggest you keep it shut, you sound like an idiot!

Rob Prest

It's my understanding that you are a commercial pilot? So what is easy about flying a A330 that has just dumped the automatics to Direct Law while in IMC during severe turbulance at night? It's easy to say that from the comfort of your home or during your next simulator check, perhaps a few beads of sweat at most when you step out of the box. The 757 Birgenair crew couldn't even do it when all they lost was one Pitot. So please, easy is not the right word, you will find a big gap between your training and how you perform when your butt is on the line and you can barely make out your standby instruments.And Daniel, are you being serious? if so I suggest you keep it shut, you sound like an idiot!
Properly trained pilots would have no trouble taking control. Simulator and flight line checks done properly ensure that a pilot can nurse the a/c to safety. In my years I could tell you of some quite exciting events! The first sign that the airspeed comparator is divergent then fly attitude and throttle. However, in the Air France case it is clear that lots of other problems were happening in quick succession and this can be quite distracting. Which is why one person flies the a/c and anyone else tries to solve the problems.I and many others often moan about the lack of standby instruments in glass cockpits. and you rightly say they are not in the best position when sometimes they can only be read by torchlight!!!Until we have the information from the bottom of the sea we won't know who was flying the a/c or how it was responding to the extreme turbulence. The turbulence in a tropical convergence storm is right off the scale and if a clear air moutain wave rotor can bring an a/c down as in BOAC flight 911 in 1966 then I'm certain bits were coming off Air France. I know that BEA "say" that the tail broke off on impact with the water (I find that surprising). Nothing has been said about the wings (because they haven't been found). If then, all or part of a wing or wings broke off then as said previously a flat spin would ensue causing the a/c to hit the water very very hard and in level attitude. This tallies with the initial findings. The cause of the accident was not the pitot tubes, it was the severe weather!As for the conspiracy theorist in this thread I would suggest that he asks a pilot to take him up and fly through a storm. If he were to survive then perhaps he will understand!!!Have a look here a link from another thread relating to pitot tubes. This is an extremely detailed examination of the weather. Basically unsurvivable!!vololiberista

Eyewitnesses saw missiles on the wings of the 757s and 767s before they 'hit' the WTC. Eyewitnesses saw bombs being 'placed' at the WTC. Duh!Can't you tell the difference between a cover up (fuel tanks have never exploded!!! and if they have never have i seen or heard on a commercial flight!) by Slick Willy and an attack by militant Islam? I guess those bus bombings in Israel and the IEDs are all planted by the CIA, FBI, Mossad and right wing extremist groups. Duh!You are so unintelligent. Read some books. Daniel
Seriously, are you for real? :(:(

Bernard

228 people lost their lives in this tragedy. We now have ignorant ********s trying to score points off each other iin this forum for their own amusement..

Seriously, are you for real? :(
No to worry, typical forum idiots.

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
No to worry, typical forum idiots.
Yes, you are an idiot for having the ability to question.http://en.wikipedia....Inerting_systemSo why is it that TWA800 is the first ever 'aviation disaster' with an exploding fuel tank? Well it never was anyway, unless you realize the missile struck at the underbody where the tanks are.Its a beautiful world when you can make a jigsaw piece fit just to satisfy.I saw the TV clip the minute it happened off Long Island, people saw a streak (of a missile) from the surface of the sea.They saw it explode once it hit the aircraft. But the story was so cleverly concocted (as Bill Clinton was totally ignoring terrorism) that 'investigators would have us 'believe' that, for the first time in aviation, a fuel tank propelled a 747 UPWARDS like a missile and then exploded (with the other fuel).Never in my life have I heard such BS. Aircraft fly with empty tanks all the time!!!!!!!Here, this web site is not some lunatic fringe conspiracy site. It merely states the facts.http://www.angelfire.com/hi/TWA800/witnessreports.htmlDaniel