Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Real Environment Xtreme (REX)

Hi,The new download location is sending me the files at 350KB/sec. The FSS downloads still do not work, I get the following.With the downloader: CRC errorsDownloading Individual files via Firefox: Download stops after X amount of meg downloaded.Downloading Individual files via Internet Explorer: HTTP 404 error, file not found.I am going to continue to download via the private links provided to me. When I have the program in my possession and installed, I'll let you know.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Now that is really strange, silly question maybe but have you actually emptied your cache/temp files at all after your failed attempts? Also are you using a download manager at all ? A good free one would be www.getright.com or www.flashget.com .. either one of those should help you with your problem :)

Hi Jay,I clean out the following before power down everyday.1. C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Recent2. C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files3. C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Local Settings\Temp4. C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Local Settings\History5. C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Cookies6. C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch7. C:\WINDOWS\TempAs far as a download manager, I've never needed one before. Up until yesterday, my downloads have been fine regardless of size. I've downloaded Flightsim files from other locations that exceed REX's size with no problem. One store comes to mind that offers a 30 day money back guarantee, I've downloaded extremely large files from this location time-and-time again without a hitch.

Now that is really strange, silly question maybe but have you actually emptied your cache/temp files at all after your failed attempts? Also are you using a download manager at all ? A good free one would be www.getright.com or www.flashget.com .. either one of those should help you with your problem :)

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Well, that is fair enough but if all else fails we might give it a whirl hey :)

Hi Jay,I will keep that in mind for future download problems I may encounter. Just a quick question, I noticed on the web page it shows the following byte count.rex_r1.dat - 680,525,824 bytesrex_r2.dat - 681,574,400 bytesrex_r3.dat - 681,574,400 bytesrex_r4.dat - 681,574,400 bytesrex_r5.dat - 681,574,400 bytesrex_r6.dat - 681,574,400 bytesrex_r7.dat - 250,950,255 bytesRealEnvironmentXtreme.exe - 535,686 bytesThey do not match what has been downloaded so far, nor do they match the size shown in the purchase page. Are the file sizes shown on the web page correct?. If not, are the ones shown in the FSS correct?. If not, do you have the byte count for these files?. I would like to confirm a complete download before attempting to install REX.Thanks

Well, that is fair enough but if all else fails we might give it a whirl hey :)

Guest SteveS_FSD
Now that is really strange, silly question maybe but have you actually emptied your cache/temp files at all after your failed attempts? Also are you using a download manager at all ?
Good tips. GetRight is probably the most useful software purchase I've ever made. There are many others, and some don't rate so well for various reasons. This is a link we found useful for people who have ISP problems and are considering trying a download manager :http://www.safer-networking.org/en/article...d-managers.htmlI've never needed to use GetRight to get any file from their servers which in my case are located half a planet away. I've consitently had 100% success getting many massive files from their servers - even on the same day as a new release. Best,

I've been using the Free Download Manager (yes, that's the name... :( ) for a long time and it's great. Integrates with IE and Firefox: resumes if possible. And it's free. Works like a charm. Very professional for a free app!!!

Guest Aviator4life

Good for you Mike, I hope you feel better after your "final" vent at me. I know that everything I tried to say got lost in your anger and frustration, and I am only to glad to have absorbed some of it for the good folks at the FlightSimStore.You have no idea of my background, and have absolutely no basis for taking a condescending position regarding my realworld flight experience. But I do realize that was your ego talking yet again.If in fact you were trying to be helpful with your op, then why did you feel the need to label the FlightSimStore electronic delivery process as "ridiculous" based on your experience alone? Are you SOLEY representative of the typical download delivery from the FlightSimStore? And what do you base this assumption on, your experience which is one of hundreds, if not thousands of successful downloads?Nope, I did not expect you to apologize to anyone. So gracious of you to concede a point on which you are obviously wrong, but yet it is not within you to apologize for assuming that your experience alone with the FlightSimStore was enough to come here and warn ALL the flight-simmers who frequent AVSIM about this "ridiculous" electronic delivery method of which they should all be wary. You had no good reason to come here and make your post before you gave them a chance to help you out. You've said a lot, but have yet to address that FACT.Likewise, this will be my final response to you as well. I "fired for effect" to get your attention, mission accomplished. But angry, nope, not even a little bit. Embarrassed by your conduct, yup, just a tad.

Hi Jay,The download is complete and burned to a DVD. Can you confirm the byte data of the files I have?.rex_r1.dat - 664,576 bytesrex_r2.dat - 665,600 bytesrex_r3.dat - 665,600 bytesrex_r4.dat - 665,600 bytesrex_r5.dat - 665,600 bytesrex_r6.dat - 665,600 bytesrex_r7.dat - 245,069 bytesRealEnvironmentXtreme.exe - 524 bytes

Hi Jay,The download is complete and burned to a DVD. Can you confirm the byte data of the files I have?.rex_r1.dat - 664,576 bytesrex_r2.dat - 665,600 bytesrex_r3.dat - 665,600 bytesrex_r4.dat - 665,600 bytesrex_r5.dat - 665,600 bytesrex_r6.dat - 665,600 bytesrex_r7.dat - 245,069 bytesRealEnvironmentXtreme.exe - 524 bytes
Great to hear you have all and great guys over there :( Your byte count is the same I have.

André

Hi Andre,Thanks for the info. REX is installed and ready for use. The staff of REX and FSS did an outstanding job in helping me get this product downloaded and installed. Despite my initial trouble in getting this product, I would gladly do business with these gentlemen again.Just wanted to stop by and thank the following for their assistance: JayKae, timest, FSS_Adrian, byork, nudata, SteveS_FSD, J van E and awf.Now begins the task of testing my new I7-975 system with FSX.

Great to hear you have all and great guys over there :( Your byte count is the same I have.

Enjoy REX Mike :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hi Andre,Thanks for the info. REX is installed and ready for use. The staff of REX and FSS did an outstanding job in helping me get this product downloaded and installed. Despite my initial trouble in getting this product, I would gladly do business with these gentlemen again.Just wanted to stop by and thank the following for their assistance: JayKae, timest, FSS_Adrian, byork, nudata, SteveS_FSD, J van E and awf.Now begins the task of testing my new I7-975 system with FSX.
That's the beauty of our hobby and in a true pilot spirit have a bit of understanding for each other and to help and get the best out of FSX or FS9...The FSS Store is on par with Flight1 great support and true gentleman.Enjoy your new skies and don't forget your instruments because it can be amazing out there the REX team did a wonderful job.Have fun :(

André

Guest ziporama

Had to re-download last week thanks to a missing file after a toasted hard disk, had no problems - I found my connection best during the day and in the wee hours of the night, I ended up with about a 400k/s average. Granted, at 4Gbs, that is a whopper of an installer :)Etienne

Hi Mike,I am very pleased to read this morning that you've managed to get all files downloaded from our servers. I was certain that with a little assistance we would be able to resolve the issue for you. On a side note, the URL's provided to you are actually the same ones that the FSS2Go download tool uses and the same ones that are provided as direct links on your order details page in your account. It's a little baffling why they worked for you when provided directly rather than from your account screen but we'll certainly look into it. Delivery infrastructure is an important part of our business and we do keep a close eye on how it is performing from day to day.All in all I think we have achieved the desired result and I hope you enjoy REX as much as the thousands of other customers have been.

Cheers, Adrian

fss-forum-sig400x60.jpg