Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

American Airlines Repaint for the Level D 767-300

Hi all,I'm searching for American Airlines repaint for my Level D 767-300 but I haven't been able to find it. It's not on Level D's website. Does anyone know where I can get the repaint for my Level D 767-300? I know American Airlines have 767-300s.Ken.

I just PM'ed you as well. I would love a copy of that :(

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest WildgooseUK
I just PM'ed you as well. I would love a copy of that :(
Would you be kind enough to send the files to me please :( Many thanks

Hi all,I'm searching for American Airlines repaint for my Level D 767-300 but I haven't been able to find it. It's not on Level D's website. Does anyone know where I can get the repaint for my Level D 767-300? I know American Airlines have 767-300s.Ken.
Ken - Level D 767-300 AA Livery was superbly done by Steve Drabek, do a search for the file you will not be sorry.

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest galowg

Level d 767 AA Does anyone have a copy please !!!!!!!

Hi kmanning, PM me with your email and I will send you the files.

Hello, I am looking for an American Airlines livery for Leval D767, does anyone know where I can get it?

Andre Chambers

On 10/22/2017 at 4:41 PM, drego22 said:

Hello, I am looking for an American Airlines livery for Leval D767, does anyone know where I can get it?

Hey Andre

You can find my version by clicking the link in my signature and navigating to page 8 (I think).  Sadly this is the FS2004 version and I'm not sure if anyone ever converted the textures to FSX/P3d.  If they have and someone reading this has them could they PM me and send them to me?  I would do it myself (if I could remember how, LOL) but it would just be easier for me to grab them.  I haven't ran the LDS 767 since moving to P3d and keep hoping someone will produce an updated version for P3d, but I may eventually fly the great LDS 767 in P3d.

@HUSSAR, thanks for the kudos..I agree it is a fine repaint. I collaborated with the great Ed Cox on this paint an transferred his textures for the POSKY 767 over to the LDS model way back in the day.  It was pretty tricky and time consuming as the texture maps for the 2 models were completely different.  Anyway, even for FS2004, I think it contains the best AA bare metal textures I've ever seen or worked with (they are photo textures taken from a Tony Best photo, all credits included in the file to him and Ed)

To any dev thinking of creating a 2017 model of the awesome 767 (PMDG cough, cough)...I would certainly convert these textures to your model because as of this date AA still flies this aircraft.  It being just about my favorite aircraft, I'd also do FedEx and a few others as I'd be taking this beauty around the globe.  I actually flew on an AA 767 last year when they did an equipment change from a 757 to LAX....man what a nice change from that single isle tube...hate flying on single isle aircraft!

C'mon.....you KNOW you want to develop one! (and be able to retire on the earnings from her, hehe).

Here is a shot of her I took in FS2004...many years ago....still looks great in 2017!

0olq8r.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

23 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Here is a shot of her I took in FS2004...many years ago....still looks great in 2017!

0olq8r.jpg

I posted that almost 8 years ago to the day.  The LDS 767 was the first addon that I purchased for FS2004 and the first livery I downloaded for it was your rendition of the AA livery, still blown away by it.  Totally agree, I would love to see an updated 767 for P3D v4.  Add to that a new 757 and Embraer E170/E190 series too!

\Robert Hamlich/

15 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

I posted that almost 8 years ago to the day.  The LDS 767 was the first addon that I purchased for FS2004 and the first livery I downloaded for it was your rendition of the AA livery, still blown away by it.  Totally agree, I would love to see an updated 767 for P3D v4.  Add to that a new 757 and Embraer E170/E190 series too!

Seems like yesterday in some ways, doesn't it? 

Agree on the 757 and E170/90s (I fly on 170s a lot and have to say they are the most comfortable of all the regionals)

This was my try at metal textures on my own:

S2MXe1.jpg

It was on the iFly 744...if only they put out the freighter version I'd be flying this paint.

Speaking of freighters, this is the one I flew with the LDS 767 back in the day:

fQdumh.jpg

I still use that photo tail i originally created for the LDS 767.  Put her on my PMDG 777 and 744.  Oh to have a 767 Freighter in 2017. :sad:

Anyway, was excited to hear the LDS 757 was not a dead project...but losing my enthusiasm every month (year, decade :blink:) that we don't hear or see any updates. Just think what could have been if that gentleman's agreement between LDS and PMDG never happened?  Friendship and mutual respect is one thing...but business is business and competition (or the threat thereof) is a huge motivator in the real business world. I feel there was a huge opportunity missed, as the common consensus seems to be.  Creating a 757 now from scratch does not have the same earning potential than it did a decade back when they still filled the skies.   The 767 however still has hope as more and more freight companies pick them up and Boeing even started the line back up to fill the demand (and the Air Force tanker contract).

Regardless...nothing we say in these forums ever seems to impact the decisions made by our vendors, so its all really just entertaining banter. :biggrin:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Both look absolutely superb Steve.  I was surprised that the gentleman's agreement stuck for so long.  The 757 crew pulled a fast one and we are left without a decent 757 to fly.  I will not touch our Russian friend's unfinished 757 after what they have done to their customers.  I am eagerly anticipating QW to announce the conversion of their 757 to P3D v4.  Maybe one day we will see the EJets conversion as well.  Fingers crossed.

\Robert Hamlich/

I agree about a 757 now being of questionable interest...5 or 10 years ago I may have bought it but not now.

I MIGHT buy an updated lds 763 for p3dv4 though.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

Both look absolutely superb Steve.  I was surprised that the gentleman's agreement stuck for so long.  The 757 crew pulled a fast one and we are left without a decent 757 to fly.  I will not touch our Russian friend's unfinished 757 after what they have done to their customers.  I am eagerly anticipating QW to announce the conversion of their 757 to P3D v4.  Maybe one day we will see the EJets conversion as well.  Fingers crossed.

Thanks Robert!  Painting was my passion for a long time, even over flying, but getting up there in years and physical limitations are hindering long stints in front of the canvas.:sad:  Getting back into flying (figured I made enough free contributions to our community), and thank goodness for time compression (esp. PMDGs implementation of it) as I typically enjoy long haul, but could never sit for the 10+ hours required. 

I don't think (or want to believe as I am friends with one of the LDS crew) that they intended to pull a fast one (or slow one as it were, LOL).  However as the years flew by (hehe, puns-o-plenty today) with no hint of a 757, one would think they would at some point collaborate and find a way to bring a Quality 757 to market (could that be yet another pun?).  Based on QWs posts about the 757 in V4...if we see an updated version which is far more than a simple port of their current model (which is ok, but far lacking in terms of what we know is possible as far as fidelity), it is literally years from ever being on our PCs.  I think they'll spend the rest of this year and the better part (if not all) of next year getting the FSX version of their very nice 787 stable.  Then if they address the 146 1st, tack on at least another year to a 757 in V4 from them (we may be on V5 by then).  I know development of quality aircraft takes time, even from full-time devs.  Part-time devs like QW have day jobs to compete with, and that always takes priority, so the dev cycle is potentially (and usually) longer.

Our Russian devs....let's just say they fully intended to pull a fast one with their 757...I'm still waiting for my "BLOCK F" update.

For those who don't know what a debacle that was...feel relieved that you don't.  Suffice to say that they were heavy into developing a 767 for FSX (this was when FSX 1st came out), and when PSS and QW both announced a 757, the 767 literally (and I mean literally) vanished overnight and we see previews of a shiny new 757 for FSX.  A few months later they beat both competitors to market, but with only BLOCKS A and B...with a promise to finish the rest of the blocks later.  Smooth move...locked all of us eager 757 wannabe pilots into their product, with all the eye candy they were famous for...but as it were..the other blocks happen to contain the accurate flight model and oh....and the aircraft systems (like the FMC).  Didn't see those until long after the other devs released their 757s.  They also promised an FS2004 version of it all the way up to the last moment, then cancelled it.  Back then most simmers did not have the hardware to run FSX, so they made a lot of friends with that announcement.  Anyway....I never consider them a dev I ever want to buy anything serious from, unless I want to see a great looking exterior.  And I'll only buy when they have their yearly sale near Christmas.  $5-10 is not a terrible burden, but I would never spend a dime more on them.

I painted a ton of Wilco EJets, not sure if they'll ever get to the adult table though when it comes to fidelity.  I enjoyed flying them though back in the day.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Steve,

Really - thanks for all the paints - you’ve always been a perfect gentleman and you’re right up there with all other legends of FS from the early days...

Hope you can save a little paint in the can for the updated Mad Dog when it’s released - It will be begging for some fine US Air colors... 

:cool:

All the best...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

4 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Steve,

Really - thanks for all the paints - you’ve always been a perfect gentleman and you’re right up there with all other legends of FS from the early days...

Hope you can save a little paint in the can for the updated Mad Dog when it’s released - It will be begging for some fine US Air colors... 

:cool:

All the best...

Regards,

Scott

Thanks Scott!

And as today is Veteran's Day here in the US....thank you for your Service!

Here is a pic of my brother, Dad and me I took on a recent visit (I bought the hats for us, all Navy vets).

6ROda0.jpg

I know....maybe one of the 1st pics anyone has ever seen of me (so I do actually exist, LOL).

To all of our military members here that served, thank you for your service!

Umm.....the Mad Dog.....we'll see.  To tell you the truth I may go back to Ed Cox for his metal on the MD as he also produced this way back in FS2004:

kMt99j.jpg

This is my desktop photo on my laptop and I was sitting at a DFW gate waiting for a flight and an MD pilot came up from behind and asked me how I got that in-flight closeup of his favorite bird (and he said later he flew that reg many times).

I had to show him up close that is was not real, and even then he was flabbergasted at the reality of the screenshot. :biggrin:

If I can get this metal on the new Leonardo I'll be sure to.  The USAir version would require some work to strip the AA paint off, but we'll see what happens.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg