Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mesa

L-39 Albatros

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70
You wont regret it! Its an amazing plane. I fly nothing else now. Rob
Very Nice!!!!!!! Sweet in fact....So Smooth. Had an oops on first landing. about 30ft before flare I stalled. BUFFET and all! Hard landing. Now I have to let the mech look at her before i can fly again. DANG IT!EDIT: quick question. My elevator control seems to be ULTRA sensitive. Barley touch my Joystick and get alot of movement in elevator. any way to adjust? would it help to change elevator effectiveness in aircraft.cfg?Gary

Hi Gary. Your elevator experience is new to me, no one else has reported it being excessively sensitive. You could try turning down your joystick pitch sensitivity in the FSX control settings menu a bit, and possibly increasing the dead zone slightly, or you could reduce the elevator effectiveness in the aircraft.cfg.Another option of course is to set custom response curves in FSUIPC if you have it. The L-39 is a bit pitch sensitive in general, given its fairly neutral balance and light weight, but it should not be difficult to fly.Cheers,-Mike

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70
Hi Gary. Your elevator experience is new to me, no one else has reported it being excessively sensitive. You could try turning down your joystick pitch sensitivity in the FSX control settings menu a bit, and possibly increasing the dead zone slightly, or you could reduce the elevator effectiveness in the aircraft.cfg.Another option of course is to set custom response curves in FSUIPC if you have it. The L-39 is a bit pitch sensitive in general, given its fairly neutral balance and light weight, but it should not be difficult to fly.Cheers,-Mike
Mike ThanksI made the Adjustments in FSUIPC and better now. WOW nice Plane.... going to be up all night. BTW i saw online there are a few avionics shops selling an AP for the l-39. TruTrak was one of them. Maybe in an later update? HINT HINT,,,,,, AGAIN SUPEREB A/C !Gary

Hi All,I must confess. I don't have much interest in this type of aircraft as most of my flight simming is focused on flying what I flew. However, I was impressed with the quality of the product that I saw in the videos and I wanted to support the developer. So, I took the plunge. I haven't been able to fly anything else since. This product has taken a HUGE step toward making FSX feel real. WOW! I LOVE it!Anybody who is interested in getting a better idea of what it's like to really fly needs this airplane.Thank you Mike! You have made an old man exited about flying again. I anxiously await your next project.....whatever it is.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Thank you Mike! You have made an old man exited about flying again. I anxiously await your next project.....whatever it is.
Well, a MiG 29 would be a rather appropriate step up.... :( Mike. I have to congratulate you. It's a stunning first release, and I'm amazed at what you've achieved. I never dreamt I'd end up with such an aircraft in my hangar, but just had to try it out. The effects are indeed amazing, but it's the flight model that's really impressed me. Absolutely top-notch. I don't think I'm exactly flying by the numbers yet, but I'm getting her up and down in one piece and really enjoying it - and that's on my steam-aged system and without Track IR. For once the hype is deserved.Ian

Guest j0nx

I didn't know the PMDG J4100 was out? It's not showing as being out on their site?

I didn't know the PMDG J4100 was out? It's not showing as being out on their site?
It isn't, the OP meant that even if it was out in the near future, he would have to wait a while before he either got the money for it or got the permission from the Pilot In Command i.e. Wife, Girlfriend, etc :(

Cheers, Andy.

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70
Its not yet. I was saving my money for when it came out.....Just going to have to wait now.. Getting ready to fly the Warbird approach to Oshkosh inthe L-39.....WOHOOO
It isn't, the OP meant that even if it was out in the near future, he would have to wait a while before he either got the money for it or got the permission from the Pilot In Command i.e. Wife, Girlfriend, etc :(
How did you know? :(

Great plane indeed!One small suggestion / question would it be possible to make the LED warnings more readable?Here's a 100% crop of a screenshot with zoom at 0.70 , I find I have to zoom to almost 1.90 to make the text out with my old eyes ;)L39_LED.jpg

Guest Mesa
Great plane indeed!One small suggestion / question would it be possible to make the LED warnings more readable?Here's a 100% crop of a screenshot with zoom at 0.70 , I find I have to zoom to almost 1.90 to make the text out with my old eyes ;)
If that's how it is in the real aircraft, and I strongly suspect it is, then I would personally prefer they stay the way they are. I imagine there are aspects of the real aircraft which drive the pilots crazy after all and the mechanics can't change everything. It would be better perhaps to print out the manual and become familiar with what the warning light means without necessarily having to read it.I can't read everything on the dashboard of my car but I know that the fuzzy blinking light in the left hand corner means someone hasn't closed their door properly!

CANOPY UNLOCKED and AIRCOND OFF...Even my out-of-date glasses allow me to read those... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Mesa
CANOPY UNLOCKED and AIRCOND OFF...Even my out-of-date glasses allow me to read those... :(
Plus you must have wondered where that rattling sound was coming from and why you were feeling so hot!

Thanks very much guys. On the indicator lights, yes they can be a little tough to make out on a lower resolution screen or at low zoom levels, and I'm sorry about that, I wish it was easier, but that's the size they are in the real jet. There really isn't space to make them any bigger, and FSX will never be able to duplicate the resolution of reality. All I can suggest is to zoom in and in time you'll know what they are just by their positions. Items on the left are critical, items on the right much less so.When I first started the project I asked my bud David Brice about conflicts between realism and ease of use when building an FS plane. The conflict was about nose wheel steering at the time, which the L-39 doesn't have. He said something to the effect of: Whenever there's a conflict between these two, go for realism. Some may complain about an item being a bit tough to use, but if it isn't realistic, a great many will complain. :) I tried to stick to that philosophy as well as I could.Thanks,-Mike

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Is there room to store my Golf Bag somewhere in the L-39? :(