Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Still looking for good Airbus A320

I am still looking for a reasonably good AIRBUS A320 model to start learning how to master the Airbus MCDU system with bells and whistles. It seems like no progress has been made on the various vaunted AIRBUS models under development for bloody years by now, so I am wondering what Airbus to get. I don't want the simplified CLS model--I already have that and it's lovely--I want something where the MCDU is well modelled and actually works in MCDU fashion. Does such a thing exist in FS2004? Appreciate posts, thanks. JS

I run with the Wilco Airbus series...A318 to A340-600. Despite some issues it is still really the only complex Airbus series available. Plenty of repaints are available as well. Additionally, I've been watching the air simmer A320 version at http://www.airsimmer.com/ with some interest for about a year now. Looks like it will sport a level of realism that is very close to the real deal. The Air Simmer Team was religiously posting updates on the the 28th of each month, but I haven't seen one since May 28th--perhaps someone on the Avsim forum network has some insight into why they currently appear "comm out." RP

Guest belga1

Hello,

The Air Simmer Team was religiously posting updates on the the 28th of each month, but I haven't seen one since May 28th--perhaps someone on the Avsim forum network has some insight into why they currently appear "comm out."
The team announced no more updates will be posted .. cause the plane will be released soon .......
20 July 2009There will be no more monthly updates on the 28th of each monthThe bird goes into Final Testing shortly.Next, there will be Final Previews (when ready)Next, there will be ReleaseThis is the status as of today!- Nik
Regards.bye.gifGus.

I run with the Wilco Airbus series...A318 to A340-600. Despite some issues it is still really the only complex Airbus series available. Plenty of repaints are available as well. Additionally, I've been watching the air simmer A320 version at http://www.airsimmer.com/ with some interest for about a year now. Looks like it will sport a level of realism that is very close to the real deal. The Air Simmer Team was religiously posting updates on the the 28th of each month, but I haven't seen one since May 28th--perhaps someone on the Avsim forum network has some insight into why they currently appear "comm out." RP
I'm a member of the Airsimmer extended beta team. The monthly updates from the developers of the Airsimmer A320 have ceased because the product's development is almost complete, and the developers are shortly moving onto bug fixing. Communication from the developers has slowed even for the extended beta team, principally because the developers seem to be concentrating all their efforts on crossing the finish line.@ JSACKS - In my opinion, the Airsimmer airbus will be well worth waiting for over the Wilco bus. Relative to the entire development cycle for the Airsimmer airbus, there is not long to wait now.JusJ

I am still looking for a reasonably good AIRBUS A320 model to start learning how to master the Airbus MCDU system with bells and whistles. It seems like no progress has been made on the various vaunted AIRBUS models under development for bloody years by now, so I am wondering what Airbus to get. I don't want the simplified CLS model--I already have that and it's lovely--I want something where the MCDU is well modelled and actually works in MCDU fashion. Does such a thing exist in FS2004? Appreciate posts, thanks. JS
I would probably wait for the Airsimmer A320 to arrive, even if it will cost more. I have both the PSS A320 and Wilco A320. If u want to learn the airbus FMGS the PSS is really good, but pretty much sucks at everything else. The Wilco is very good at everything else, but the FMGS sucks. But I only use the Wilco because it looks way better and behaves way better. Until the Airsimmer arrives offcorse.BAredcap

Guest Tingoose

Yeah but if you can't wait, the Wilco Airbus will get you going.

I'm a member of the Airsimmer extended beta team. The monthly updates from the developers of the Airsimmer A320 have ceased because the product's development is almost complete, and the developers are shortly moving onto bug fixing. Communication from the developers has slowed even for the extended beta team, principally because the developers seem to be concentrating all their efforts on crossing the finish line.@ JSACKS - In my opinion, the Airsimmer airbus will be well worth waiting for over the Wilco bus. Relative to the entire development cycle for the Airsimmer airbus, there is not long to wait now.JusJ
JusJThis looks like encouraging news. Sure I can wait another few weeks or even longer. I've waited for 3 years for a good AIRBUS ! I've been busy with Boeings for years but I feel it's time to master the McDoo. So if you Bus is coming down the pike for sure and is almost done by now, I shall wait and look forward to it. I am assuming it will work in FS2004, of course, yeah?Thanks for posting.JS

JusJThis looks like encouraging news. Sure I can wait another few weeks or even longer. I've waited for 3 years for a good AIRBUS ! I've been busy with Boeings for years but I feel it's time to master the McDoo. So if you Bus is coming down the pike for sure and is almost done by now, I shall wait and look forward to it. I am assuming it will work in FS2004, of course, yeah?Thanks for posting.JS
It will be released first for fs2004 then after that the fsx will come out next. so that's good news for fs9 users. I'm looking forward to it, being released.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

You're welcome. One caveat though - I wouldn't expect it within "a few weeks". In any case, keep an eye on the Airsimmer forum, things are moving along and it will definitely be worth the wait.If you haven't seen it yet, check out this preview video:

You're welcome. One caveat though - I wouldn't expect it within "a few weeks". In any case, keep an eye on the Airsimmer forum, things are moving along and it will definitely be worth the wait.If you haven't seen it yet, check out this preview video:
JusJThanks mate. Appreciate the update.RP

Guest JetlinerX

Try waiting for teh AirSimmer A320. I CANT WAIT! When is it gona be here, anyone got a random guess on the date? :(

I have been debating over whether to buy the AS A320. The truth is, I'm no Airbus fan, I'm a Boeing guy. However, even though that may be the case, I love complex stuff! I love how every detail seems to be getting into that bus, and that alone might be a very good reason for me to buy it, because, let's face it, many European companies fly the A320 family. If I want to do a short haul flight with, say, Air France, or Lufthansa, I have to use an Airbus since they don't use Boeing 737s.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Hi, Benjamin!A few remarks on your remarks. :(

I'm no Airbus fan, I'm a Boeing guy.
Do you think there are fanclubs of various aircraft manufacturers? LOL, that has always made me think...I love almost all airplanes, if you ask me. If it flies, it's cool!
many European companies fly the A320 family
As well as American and Asian (also African and Australian if I think a bit longer).
If I want to do a short haul flight with, say, Air France, or Lufthansa, I have to use an Airbus since they don't use Boeing 737s
Many European airlines use 737s, including Lufthansa. What's more, there are also other short haul aircraft types used in Europe apart from boeings and airbuses (Embraer, Canadair, Dornier, etc).Of course I'm absolutely not arguing with you in any way. I respect everyone's opinions.Just some thoughts and facts.And speaking of Air Simmer's airbus addon: when it comes out, we shall see what it's like.

I can't wait for the Airsimmer A320. I NEED IT NOW! And I'm not a Airbus bigot. I love anything that flies, even choppers. Lately I fly regularly the Wilco PIC 737 (really DO love it!) and the Wilco Airbus A320 family, and the PMDG Beech B1900C and the Wilco ERJ-145 & Legacy also. But we need a more complex and realistic Airbus. Have a lot of Boeing & MD superb simulations out there, but the Airbus crafts currently available can't compare to them.So please please don't let us down this time!JAMM

OK, heck, a few more months then! Not a big deal.JS