Sign in to follow this  
Guest mike3231

Beware the "AirTraffic FX" at Flight1

Guest mike3231

Have always wanted to add some GA traffic to the small empty airports in FSX so I thought i would give the new AirTraffic FX a try - Bad Idea! Downloaded, installed, tried to open but "AirTraffic MFC Application has stopped working" is always the pop up window. Re installs no good, reading the user guide three times like I have is worthless, never have got it to open. Flight1 support on this product is zero. Go ahead and try this product if you dare , be ready to waste 25 dollars.

Mike,Flight1 has a 30-day money back guarantee.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Mike,Flight1 has a 30-day money back guarantee.
And a very good support to customers as well.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Mike,Did you make a post over where the official AirTrafficFX support is handled?All Flight1 support that does not have a dedicated site (e.g. the Level-D 767, Ultimate Traffic) is handled at SimForums... http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=2. I went there and did not see any support request on AirTraffic FX posted recently. We try to post this site in multiple locations on our website.When did you purchase this product? If it was just last night, why do you not let the forum staff members the opportunity to get it working for you.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Have always wanted to add some GA traffic to the small empty airports in FSX so I thought i would give the new AirTraffic FX a try - Bad Idea! Downloaded, installed, tried to open but "AirTraffic MFC Application has stopped working" is always the pop up window. Re installs no good, reading the user guide three times like I have is worthless, never have got it to open. Flight1 support on this product is zero. Go ahead and try this product if you dare , be ready to waste 25 dollars.
Hi Mike,I have added GA traffic galore using the HTAI Single Engine Cessna package (http://htaimodels.com/) and Ultimate Traffic 2 (from Flight 1). UT2 has ability to add/remove aircraft used for AI. So I removed all the default AI and added a bunch of very realistic Cessna's from 120's through 210's. The only drawback is they display a black prop arc under some conditions. But the low impact on performance coupled with their excellent visual modeling including tiedowns and pitot covers when parked, more than makes up for it in my opinion.Hope that helps.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Not a waste the guys over there will help you out with great support...Did you post in the flight1 forums for support?In the worst case scenario the program won't work they have as a last resort a great 30 day return policy so no loss in funds :-) Succes.Cheers,

André

Guest Longyear

I think Steve H has demonstrated the level of support Flight1 give, by how quickly he responded to the 'complaint' by the post originator......and the post originator has demonstrated that he didn't bother getting off his &@($* to help himself, by looking at the Flight1 website, which would have clearly have told him 2 things :-1). Support is via Simforums.2). He can get a refund if not happy (within 30 days).Pick your toys up and put the back in your pram - then help yourself! - it's how the world works.David.

Mike,You posted yesterday morning on simforums about the problem, asked and obtained a refund a few hours afterward without checking or answering on your post. Too bad you did not give us a chance to help you out...

Maybe the thread title should be changed to "Beware mike3231..." :(Hi Katy! Long time no read... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Katy! Long time no read... :(
My, what big teeth you have Bill... :(

Do you meet the products requirements? Does the product require a certain version of .Net.