Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adamv66

Strange Visual Issues...

Hi all,I've just installed FSX and the PMDG 747 onto my new system and I'm getting some strange distortions in the 2D cockpit. I've marked these in red on the attached screenshot. The only thing thats really changed from my old system that might affect it is my monitor resolution which is now 1366x768 and graphics card ATI HD4650. Is anyone else using this card or resolution successfully? I'm also running Vista 64bit.Something that seems a little odd is that all the errors seem to fall along diagonal lines across the screen. Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions?Adam

Hi all,I've just installed FSX and the PMDG 747 onto my new system and I'm getting some strange distortions in the 2D cockpit. I've marked these in red on the attached screenshot. The only thing thats really changed from my old system that might affect it is my monitor resolution which is now 1366x768 and graphics card ATI HD4650. Is anyone else using this card or resolution successfully? I'm also running Vista 64bit.Something that seems a little odd is that all the errors seem to fall along diagonal lines across the screen. Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions?Adam
This is a known issue with quite a few ATI cards and GDI+ drawing (the way the displays are drawn)...There is no known solution at this time. Sorry.

The ATI tear is something I have gotten used to, on the other hand there are a lot of nVidia threads here concerning lost textures and invisible airplanes so I guess you can pick your preferred bug.

Come to think of it, my last graphics card was an ATI X1600, but didnt see this problem then - so this can't be an issue with all ATI graphics cards?

It is a problem with the 4870 series. Sorry.