No saved flight, yes, default MS flight and no restart. I had the flight restarted though, without even takeoff, due to other problems. Some of the announcements at FSPax seem to get stuck at the green band at the top of the screen. I got the FO disabled at FSPax. I'm going to try another flight tomorrow and see what happens. The things missing are the TO calls, the descent and approach checklists aswell as the ground proximity calls. The Landing checklist works though. itifonhom P.S. Also, I can "see" that and the early stages of the sim, until taxi, there's a lot more false "voices" from ambient sounds. Ambient sounds I mean the default cockpit sounds, no ATC or room sounds. I get a lot of "yes", "set" and "goodbye" with no reason. Later, after take off, no problems.

And everything works ok if you don't use FSPassengers?What comes to the speech engine hearing things, Bryan is the wizard. Perhaps the voice activation thresold can be adjusted?As far as I know, there is no way to completely prevent the speech engine, which constantly listens, hearing some erraneous phrases - especially if you have a sensitive microphone and have lots of ambient noise and/or computer speakers turned up. This is harmless though as FS2Crew only executes commands when specific phrases are used. I haven't had a single case of a command accidentally executed even though the speech engine is constantly "hearing things" as indicated by the green band. Personally, I like to turn the green band OFF altogether.In your case, it may well be that when the engines are turned on and if you have speakers, the ambient noise level increases and the speech engine is less likely to pick up individual words.Kimmo Kylevoice set managementBanner_FS2Crew_Team.png

The neat thing about the way FS2Crew does voice integration is that, even though the speech recognition system may pick up odd things.... for example, you cough and the the speech recognition hear that as "yes".... (that we can't really control) it will have no effect on the simulation in general.Because the voice commands are tied to necessary conditions, we've greatly reduced the possibility of "false commands" being issued from having any affect in the simulation. For example, a "yes" would only have an affect under a narrow set of conditions which you would not be in most of the time.So even though in the green bar you may sometimes see words you don't actually say, it won't affect the simulation.As for the FSPassengers thing: Try not loading FSPassengers, although I doubt that's the issue.If that doesn't work, please email me for one on one support: admin@fs2crew.comI'll need you to send me a log file.Cheers,

The neat thing about the way FS2Crew does voice integration is that, even though the speech recognition system may pick up odd things.... for example, you cough and the the speech recognition hear that as "yes".... (that we can't really control) it will have no effect on the simulation in general.Because the voice commands are tied to necessary conditions, we've greatly reduced the possibility of "false commands" being issued from having any affect in the simulation. For example, a "yes" would only have an affect under a narrow set of conditions which you would not be in most of the time.So even though in the green bar you may sometimes see words you don't actually say, it won't affect the simulation.As for the FSPassengers thing: Try not loading FSPassengers, although I doubt that's the issue.If that doesn't work, please email me for one on one support: admin@fs2crew.comI'll need you to send me a log file.Cheers,
FWIW, I'm using FSPax and don't get the problem; all those calls are load and clear. The only issue I can corroborate is that the FSPax green line text often repeats coninuously even after the FSPax .wav has finished. However, it usually clears up after a minute or so. Other than that, the interaction between the two presents no problems for me.Andy

I'm glad to hear that there's no problem with FSPaX too! As said, I got the same thing with FSPaX green band too, that's why I thought that maybe there's a conflict. I got no big experience with the new FSCrew yet, just finished two and a half flights ( the half ended after takeoff). At the very first flight, without FSPaX, everything was fine. The other one and a half was with FSPaX on and the problem appeared. The only other thing that was changed was the flight plan made by FSBuild. I'm going to make another flight today and see what happens. Maybe there's a problem with the succession of checklists and announcements, I'm sure we'll going to sort it out, I trust Bryan!! itifonhom

I'm glad to hear that there's no problem with FSPaX too! As said, I got the same thing with FSPaX green band too, that's why I thought that maybe there's a conflict. I got no big experience with the new FSCrew yet, just finished two and a half flights ( the half ended after takeoff). At the very first flight, without FSPaX, everything was fine. The other one and a half was with FSPaX on and the problem appeared. The only other thing that was changed was the flight plan made by FSBuild. I'm going to make another flight today and see what happens. Maybe there's a problem with the succession of checklists and announcements, I'm sure we'll going to sort it out, I trust Bryan!! itifonhom
Send me an email.I'll give you one on one support. That'd be a faster way of trying to track down what's happening to you.Cheers,

Send me an email.I'll give you one on one support. That'd be a faster way of trying to track down what's happening to you.Cheers,
Sir,Is there a method for restoring FSX default flight (e.g. ultralight at Friday harbor)? A setting in the fsx.cfg?

Matt King

Sir,Is there a method for restoring FSX default flight (e.g. ultralight at Friday harbor)? A setting in the fsx.cfg?
Off hand, I don't know. Maybe someone else does.But if you delete your FSX.CFG file, your sim will be reset to its original state when you loaded FSX for the first time.Your FSX.CFG will automatically reboot when you load FSX again.I suggest trying that.Cheers,

Guest EGNR
Not sure about the original default flight, but you can create your own by putting your aircraft of choice at the desired location, i.e. at a specific gate and in the configuration you want i.e. engnes off, etc. Then save the flight and put a tick in the 'Make this the default flight' tickbox.FSX will then start with that config each time.

Not sure about the original default flight, but you can create your own by putting your aircraft of choice at the desired location, i.e. at a specific gate and in the configuration you want i.e. engnes off, etc. Then save the flight and put a tick in the 'Make this the default flight' tickbox.
Basically the same can be done to restore the original Ultra at Friday harbour default flight. Look it up in the Missions/saved flights and tick the box. Then restart the sim.Kimmo Kylevoice set managementBanner_FS2Crew_Team.png

Hi Bryan, I can confirm now that there's no conflict between FS2Crew and FSPaX. Think the problem comes from the before TO list, I call it too early, before the FA and the FO were complete with their announcements. Until that point everything was ok. Today, I made a flight, waiting long enough and everything worked PERFECT!!! I got a CTD just before landing at Algiers but I don't think FS2Crew has anything to do with it. itifonhom

Hi Bryan, I can confirm now that there's no conflict between FS2Crew and FSPaX. Think the problem comes from the before TO list, I call it too early, before the FA and the FO were complete with their announcements. Until that point everything was ok. Today, I made a flight, waiting long enough and everything worked PERFECT!!! I got a CTD just before landing at Algiers but I don't think FS2Crew has anything to do with it. itifonhom
Glad you got it working :( , but...It shouldn't make a difference when you call for the Before Takeoff Checklist. In fact, shouldn't need to call for any checklists in order for the takeoff calls to work.This version of FS2Crew is fairly "less script dependent" than the older versions, so in order for a lot of the stuff to work, you don't need to have met a whole bunch of prior conditions (like having run checklists). That's all generally speaking.Cheers,

Glad you got it working :( , but...It shouldn't make a difference when you call for the Before Takeoff Checklist. In fact, shouldn't need to call for any checklists in order for the takeoff calls to work.This version of FS2Crew is fairly "less script dependent" than the older versions, so in order for a lot of the stuff to work, you don't need to have met a whole bunch of prior conditions (like having run checklists). That's all generally speaking.Cheers,
Sir,I got the takeoff calls to work; I kept my fsx.cfg file too. The only thing I did was create a flight plan with FSX and let it establish my starting position (e.g. gate or active runway). I used all my addons without incident.

Matt King

Sir,I got the takeoff calls to work; I kept my fsx.cfg file too. The only thing I did was create a flight plan with FSX and let it establish my starting position (e.g. gate or active runway). I used all my addons without incident.
Glad to hear you got it working :( The only way I could reproduce your issue if I load the same saved flight twice in a row.So if I loaded the situation file once, it was okay. Twice, I lost the takeoff calls.It might be a FSX bug or it might not be. I'm currently investigating this.Cheers,