Sign in to follow this  
Bigmack

Elevator trim Adjustment

When flying an aircraft I really like, when I adjust the elevator trim it moves too fast and too far. Is there a way to slow it down and reduce it travel distance? Is there an edit in the aircraft cfg I can make??? To make it less sensitive.Bill M :(

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Try reducing the repeat action on the button you have assigned. If you have FSUIPC, open the miscellaneous page and tick the "Use mousewheel for trim" box. That allows very fine trim adjustments using the mouse scroll wheel. That way you can make larger movements using the button...then fine tune with the mouse wheel.Russell.

Try reducing the repeat action on the button you have assigned. If you have FSUIPC, open the miscellaneous page and tick the "Use mousewheel for trim" box. That allows very fine trim adjustments using the mouse scroll wheel. That way you can make larger movements using the button...then fine tune with the mouse wheel.Russell.
A neat feature of FSUIPC I never knew about, thanks Russell.

Thanks for the suggestion. However making that adjustment will effect all my AC. I just want to tweak just the one AC that's having issue. I use CH yoke trim. All my other AC works fine with trim. Years ago I remember someone posting a tweak in the AC cfg file to adjust elevator movement and sesitivty. I was wondering if someone remembered.Bill M :(

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Thanks for the suggestion. However making that adjustment will effect all my AC. I just want to tweak just the one AC that's having issue. I use CH yoke trim. All my other AC works fine with trim. Years ago I remember someone posting a tweak in the AC cfg file to adjust elevator movement and sesitivty. I was wondering if someone remembered.Bill M :(
I hope you aren't using the big "wheel" on the CH Yoke for trim, 'cause that ain't what its for......the "wheel" is simply used to calibrate the "neutral point" of the yoke's fore/aft movement, and as such is purely a mechanical mechanism. Altering the aircraft.cfg file will not have any affect whatsoever... :( As for the aircraft.cfg file, the entry is cleverly disguised as:rudder_trim_effectiveness= 1.00The above entry means 100%. To lower it, simply enter some fractional percent value, such as:rudder_trim_effectiveness= 0.70I long ago assigned the left rocker on my yoke to simulate an "electric elevator trim" control.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest belga1

Hello,

rudder_trim_effectiveness= 0.70
Replace rudder by elevator and it's perfect :) (typo I assume)elevator_trim_effectiveness= (play with the number)And this work great for me.It's in this Aircraft.cfg section:[flight_tuning]cruise_lift_scalar = 1.0parasite_drag_scalar = 1.0induced_drag_scalar = 1.0elevator_effectiveness = 1.0aileron_effectiveness = 1.0rudder_effectiveness = 1.0pitch_stability = 1.0roll_stability = 1.0yaw_stability = 1.0elevator_trim_effectiveness =0.8 //1.0 (play with)aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1.0rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1.0Regards.bye.gifGus.

I hope you aren't using the big "wheel" on the CH Yoke for trim, 'cause that ain't what its for......the "wheel" is simply used to calibrate the "neutral point" of the yoke's fore/aft movement, and as such is purely a mechanical mechanism. Altering the aircraft.cfg file will not have any affect whatsoever... :( As for the aircraft.cfg file, the entry is cleverly disguised as:rudder_trim_effectiveness= 1.00The above entry means 100%. To lower it, simply enter some fractional percent value, such as:rudder_trim_effectiveness= 0.70I long ago assigned the left rocker on my yoke to simulate an "electric elevator trim" control.
Thank you Sir, that's the tweak I could'nt remember. I use the left rocker switch on my yoke to move the trim.

Bill McIntyre