Sign in to follow this  
jcboliveira

FSUIPC and WIDEFS to become payware.

Guest tascaso

Good for Peter...!The price will be set by what the market will be dictate. If he only sells one the first week the price WILL come down. I will buy one why not look at all the other junk I buy that is simply worthless. At least this product works and well. I have been using FSUIPC for free for ages. It's about time I gave a little back. Pete is a good guy and a hard worker. Tony

Guest SlimDady

well im happy with both the way they are now they satisfy my needs. so ill just keep teh zips of the freeware.Too bad it had to go payware.. so many devlopers rely on it.

Everyone has a choice. There is netpipes SDK that allows to do some of the work that FSUIPC does, I think that there is some further work over it. It's up to the developers choose what they want. Of course there is a large percentage of utilities based on FSUIPC and some aircraft because it's easier to use it. Pete has posted an E-Mail for developers to contact him and get a document explaining what will happen for freeware and payware app.Jos

I have absolutely no probelm paying for FSUIPC - it enables so many great addon packages to be produced that the cost will be more than justified for me. What I want to know though, is whether the updates to the module will be free once you pay for it once? Pete released quite a few updates to FSUPIC durring the course of FS2002's lifecycle...I agree though with the poster who said Microsoft should have just bought the rights to FSUPIC from Pete or even hired him as a permanent new member of the FS team.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest sbdwag

"If he only sells one the first week the price WILL come down"The price rarely ever comes down. The product just fads into obvilion.Dennis

Guest Joshieca

The only thing I ever used it for was the.....come to think of it, I rarely use it for anything but AFCAD modeling, and who knows if that will work in FS2004. Oh well. Like I say, nothing is free on the net any longer. Hmmm...maybe I need to start charging for my site. :)

Guest Joshieca

> I just wish MS would see sense and pay-you. :-lol :-lol Yeah!! What world do you live in?? Microsoft paying someone for something...right!!

WideFS is helpful for me. I run all my addons on a second computer.scott s..

Guest Joshieca

>WideFS is helpful for me. I run all my addons on a second>computer.Huh? :-hmmm

To all developers out there, be informed that I have just recently completed development of a new addon for MSFS called FSConnect. It's a DLL much like FSUIPC that gets loaded into Flight Simulator's address space, and communicates with third party programs to provide access to simulator and aircraft data. At this point it provides full "read" capabilities for all variables defined in the Panels & Gauges SDK, and limited "write" capability (currently only Latitude and Longitude).The program is currently undergoing beta testing, and will be released as freeware once FS2004 is released. Do to the way I've written the program, I anticipate little or no updating of the program will be required to deal with new flight simulator releases (unless MS completely redesigns the P&G SDK!!).Interested developers feel free to contact me.Russ Dirksrussdirks@yahoo.ca

Yep, me too. I run FDC, RADAR Contact, Show Text, WxRE and sometimes FS RealTime on my second PC.I donated $50 and don't regret it. Hopefully the price will be reasonable, and more than likely I'll support Peter on his payware venture.Joe L.Philadelphia Hub ManagerCarolina OperationsVN7 Network

Joe Lorenc

I'll be happy to pay for FSUIPC as long as the price is reasonable, updates are free to registered users, and there's a snailmail method of payment other than credit card because I don't have any....Otherwise, I'll pretty much have to unhappily pay for it, because so many addons require it and I may not be willing to abandon those addons.... :(

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest JonP01

>And I don't have any sympathy for payware vendors>that based their work on Pete's. >Seeing as my first response to this thread would have had it closed down, I think the simplest thing to say is that I agree absolutely 100% with the above statement.

Guest JonP01

>The amount of development work and support time required of>Pete certainly deserves compensation. For those who think>that his work going payware is unfair, they can simply not>spend their money on his products. We each have that choice.>>Regards,And the third choice being not to buy or use his products, even if one does think it is fair for him to charge for them.

Guest BC_KBOS

Ya see, it's that "Payware" thing.All along, I have been seeing "payware" items that required FSUIPC, a "freeware" product.Now, that was pretty much bogus all along. Any "payware" product that required the use of a "freeware" product *in order to work* should have been paying the original author for his or her work.The fact that Pete wants to profit from his endeavours is not surprising, I and most of you would do the same thing. What is troubling to me, is that the users will have to pay for what the "payware" people are taking advantage of.Twice.Pete did a great job and I am sure will continue to do so. I just think that the ones who should shoulder the burden of supporting Pete should be the entities who profit financially from his work.Pete did not start out in this endeavour to make a buck, I think.One would have to be an idiot to not see the eventual end of this event. It is unfortunate that the users will have to pay for something that was intentionally created originally for the free benefit of FS users.Entities have been making a buck on Pete's back for a while now. THAT is the problem. You can all do the "rah rah" thing till the cows come home, but when FSUIPC becomes "payware", well, that was the last bastion.BCps to the AvSim staff: It was unnecesary to bang the "OH MAN! This is a dangerous thread" so soon. Freeware/Payware, I think most users are pretty depressed right about now.