Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

J41 SP1 STATUS UPDATE AND ISSUE TRACKING

When it's rejected I had a lot of numbers like but it was quite random...I can't test right now my system is undergoing reinstallation...

Guest Skuld

I would like to join the group of people with these strange CTDs. If I start a flight with the JS41 and try to leave FSX, FSX will crash at the very last second. Starting a flight with another aircraft then switching to the JS41 and trying to leave FSX will also result in a CDT at the very end. However if I do not use the JS41 at all FSX will shut down correctly. OS: Vista Ultimate 64bit Another queue I

When it was 'rejected', what was displayed in the higlighted box ? Dashes ?, a '0' , or another number ??Regards.Ernie.
Yeah, okay, that is fixed in SP1.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

It reverts back to the default 6 dashes after keying in 16000 and hitting enter.Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

I would like to say one thing, I do not believe there is any other flight sim company out there today that offers better support to their products then PMDG. I was having problems with CTDs with the new J41 but with the constant input that is provided by the people of PMDG, the problems was solved. Those of us that have purchased previous products from PMDG, and eagerly await the newest design to come off the drawing boards, have complete faith, it will be fully supported.Thanks as always.Richard S. Churchill

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Guest facundo9997
This is a common problem. Any solution?
I have the same problemI cannot power-up the FMS. Buttons can be pressed but the FMS does not turn on. All other features are working OK (I have not checked TCAS).I removed and reload the package twice and the problem remainsAny idea or solution ?

Funny. I'm able to control the temperature in the flight deck and the cabin with the engines off. I want that kind of AC system at home. :(Also, when I select "Copilot" on the FCS control switch (so that I can fly from the right side of the deck I guess) the altitude capture is still based on the Captain's altimeter... Maybe I'm missing something there.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest gihanjay

Hi Ryan and fellow PMDG fliers,I have noticed a problem on the J41 Co-Pilot VOR2 / LNAV knob. Even though it seems to be changing the display, the knob never turns. VOR1 knob works fine.I also noticed the NAV Autopilot button does not turn on when pressed. Any idea what I am doing wrong? FMS Flight plan is loaded and ready but the NAV button does not indicate ARM or CAP.Also, if I press the TEST (test the lights on the warning panel) button during the a flight, is it supposed to turn off the AP?

Another thing I noticed: after following Curt's advise to turn down the engine sound level to 15%, the J41 is much more enjoyable. I can hear the RC4 voice better and the added wind effect is very nice. Only thing that goes wrong is when I stop the engines. That sound file is still at 100% causing a very unrealistic and loud engine stop.

Guest facundo9997
This is a common problem. Any solution?
I cannot power-up the FMS. Buttons can be pressed but the FMS does not turn on. All other features are working OK (I have not checked TCAS).I removed and reload the package twice and the problem remainsAny idea ?

Hello all,Haven't got the words to tell you how thrilling I'm finding this bird is to fly ... if the instruments fail you (or you them) there's always flying her in by hand and I think she's easier than a 172.I have found that "locking on" to the flight plan with the FMC can be challenging but that may be my problem. For sure you have to load your flight plan before you start FS or you won't see iton the FMC list until you re-start. The call-outs are great and very helpful in a 3D environment ( the prop locks should only call out when both are locked ... I got it for one engine but not the other)I like to fly this girl from the Jump Seat and use the Zoom control and Hat on pan to get around the cockpit. I have Saitek equipment and would like to know how to program the throttle sliders below the detentto give you the reverse for the power levers. At the moment I have programmed the buttons below for F1 and F2 which works well but not as good as just pulling the levers down! For sure this plane has got some minor bugs ... but look at this way ... the PDMG guys are working on it and she is only going to get better ... let's get the bugs out of her and get on with the "InOps"!Congrats on a very timely simulation ... a lot of us have had enough long flights staring at the screen all afternoon ... it's in the takeoff and landings!!!I have the CTD problem on shutdown and have attached the details of the last error msg in the remote chance it may be of some help to the wizards who know what this stuff means!All the best,Ken :(

Since I have the RXP WX500 weather radar installed, the J41 crashes after about 30min flight with FSX reporting an error in weather radar dll.Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Since I have the RXP WX500 weather radar installed, the J41 crashes after about 30min flight with FSX reporting an error in weather radar dll.Michael
I am further testing it:Previously, I have loaded the J41 from the cold & dark C172, which has the RXP WX500 dropdown window installed.Now that I am loading the J41 from the cold & dark trike, there was no CTD and I could complete a flight!Michael

Michael Thesen