Sign in to follow this  
Alky

Modding the JS41 panel?

I would very much like to replace the chronometer/davtron with another clock that has an adjustable simrate in it. I have FSPanel Studio which is unable to access the panel. Is this on purpose? Is PMDG trying to make the panel un-accessible to the public? I'm a bit annoyed :(

I would very much like to replace the chronometer/davtron with another clock that has an adjustable simrate in it. I have FSPanel Studio which is unable to access the panel. Is this on purpose? Is PMDG trying to make the panel un-accessible to the public? I'm a bit annoyed :(
You clearly don't have clue lol, maybe because it's a 3d VC and gauges :(

André

You clearly don't have clue lol, maybe because it's a 3d VC and gauges :(
Ahh... maybe it's you who has no clue! "Replacing" a VC gauge is not an issue if FSPanel displays the original gauges, you just resize the new gauge to be the same as the one you're replacing and put it in the same spot. Works every time, but when FSPanel Studio is unable to display the PMDG gauges, then there's no way to do it unless you know the the co-ordinates & sizes and can use notepad. Now if someone has a constructive suggestion instead of a flame, I'd appreciate it!

I'm just taking a total guess here, but PMDG's J41 gauges are in a .DLL, right? I think FSPanel isn't able to access them because of this format.

Erik L.

Hi GeorgeThe issue with PMDG gauges being a no-show in FSPS has been around for quite a while, I

I'm just taking a total guess here, but PMDG's J41 gauges are in a .DLL, right? I think FSPanel isn't able to access them because of this format.
That's quite possible, I don't know for sure either. I thank you for the suggestion :)

That's quite possible, I don't know for sure either. I thank you for the suggestion :)
If it's a real 3d gauge it's different and part of the VC model itself as to the contrary U are used towhich is 2d gauge in the VC and I do have a clue lolAll native FSX gauges should be compiled in a dll format which also can be accessed with several tools ;-)A 3d gauge works different as a 2d gauge and can't be modified with your tool...Actually there are 3* 2dWindow00=GPSWindow01=Ramp ManagerWindow02=FMSThe rest is 3d and part of the 3d model...To add thats why there are xml files compiled into SPB...For example:PB means SimPropBinary. It is a proprietary file formatintroduced in Microsoft Flight Simulator X. It is a genericdata format that store various kind of informations and can becompiled from different XML files.Files in SPB are read quicker by the simulator thanXML files, so when performance is an issue files can becompiled to SPB.

André

when you get the [VCockpit01] section up in FSPS (it does involve a lot of left clicking to get passed the warning messages) these gauges are located at the top right hand corner of the panel, and the second and third gauges down.I hope it helps.Jim Hodkinson
Thanx Jim, I'll give it a try, I lost patience with the clicking past errors process and did a CTRL ALT DEL to get out before it was done. I did use notepad to place my gauge in the co-ordinates I thought would work and commented out the lines you gave as an example. I ended up with it partially hidden by what I think was basically the chronometer bezel. I do thank you for your suggestion and input. :(

Unfortunately, it looks as though the days of tinkering with panels are coming to a close, as more aircraft are have the gauges as part of the model file itself,Jim Hodkinson
I think you're right about that, I have a handful gauges that i just can't live without, sadly I'll have to learn to get over it I guess. Thanx again for your input :)

I think you're right about that, I have a handful gauges that i just can't live without, sadly I'll have to learn to get over it I guess. Thanx again for your input :)
But that's what I exactly told you in my first message :(

André

We cannot support any attempts at mods, especially on this aircraft. The panel is extremely complex in how it works and you're definitely running the risk of messing things up if you're trying to replace gauges.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

For anyone interested, I did manage after many trial and errors, to fit in the default Fs GPS500 in the nonoperational WX panel. It is fully operational (unlike the popup GPS) and may be used instead of the default FMS..........................................................................Make a copy of the default PANEL.CFG first................................................../ VC SECTION 2///////////////////////////////////////////////////////[VCockpit02]size_mm=1024,1024pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$GaugeTwobackground_color=0,0,0gauge00=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_1, 0, 0, 393, 500gauge01=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_2, 393, 0, 393, 500gauge02=PMDG_BAe_JS4100_3!GNSXLS, 1, 508, 512, 408gauge03=j41!pmdg_j41_alt_pic, 896,0,128,508gauge04=fs9gps!gps_500, 500,480,526,378gauge05=j41!pmdg_j41fms_pu_open, 919,458,53,35.................................................................Only the gauge04 line was added................

nonoperational WX panel
Why "nonoperative"? Panel config of J41 fully compatible with nice gauge - best WXR from Reality XP.

Why "nonoperative"? Panel config of J41 fully compatible with nice gauge - best WXR from Reality XP.
Am I missing something? When I bought the PMDG J41 in January of this year, the Weather Radar system was not being simulated ... only the two switches on the right side which control the radar range of your flight plan were/are functional. The Operating Manual on Page 55 states that "NOTE: In this simulation, all items in italics are NOT being simulated. They are included for informational purposes only." The only part NOT in italics is the RANGE. Nice as the JS41 is, a non-functioning weather Radar is, for me, quite useless which is why I replaced it with the GPS500 which now has more functionality than its pop-up counterpart and does not need to rely on the programmed FMS flight. In fact I can now load MSFdefault flight plans and the NAV will follow these.Is there a more recent version of the JS41 that I am not aware of?Thanks for this.