Sign in to follow this  
bkircher

Downloading files

Just got a question. First off congrats to getting the library up and working again!!! Thats a great accomplisment.My question is this, why is it that sometimes when I go to download a file, I press save target as and then I get an error message preventing me from being able to download the file and the error message saying the password was not allowed. Why do I get that message??Thanks for the help

I've just tried to download woasejv1.zip, and I get an error message that there is no such file. This is a newly uploaded file from WoAI. I've had the same problem with another file today, Ray Smith's EGLL AFCAD for FSX.

There are still some glitches for sure - I tried several of the "new files" and always got a "file not found" or the "page cannot be displayed" message.I assume the staff is now aware of these problems and is working to correct them.

The issues with the AFCADs and the WOAI ones has been resolved. As far the file not found errors can you please let us know which you get getting them on.

Brian Sperduto

The issues with the AFCADs and the WOAI ones has been resolved. As far the file not found errors can you please let us know which you get getting them on.
This was an upload yesterday or the day before to replace the same file which was not found after the library was "restored". It appears to have been properly processed (although the original number of downloads - some 1500 - did not get reset) - but it still displays that same message when attempting to download now.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=138743

This was an upload yesterday or the day before to replace the same file which was not found after the library was "restored". It appears to have been properly processed (although the original number of downloads - some 1500 - did not get reset) - but it still displays that same message when attempting to download now.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=138743
The two files which were 'not available' yesterday are now available, and I've just downloaded them without problems.Thanks once again to the AVSIM staff for acting so promptly.

David 'Opa',We tried to fix your file, but it seems its completely gone. Some kind of error must have occurred, it appears to be an isolated insistent in this case - I'm sorry for that. The other new uploads are working alright, but we can't find this zip on the system at all. The only thing we can do now is delete it (I've done that already) and hope you can re-upload again, this time it should be OK.

David 'Opa',Thanks for re-uploading, I just processed the file and tested it, and all works OK (zipdrive works and it starts downloading fine). I've also transfered the old download count.

David 'Opa',Thanks for re-uploading, I just processed the file and tested it, and all works OK (zipdrive works and it starts downloading fine). I've also transfered the old download count.
Thank you sir - you are a gentleman and a scholar!

Hello great librarians of avsim :( ,World of AI is currently identifying and reuploading all the files that seem to be missing ( when checking our downloadlinks and zipdiving).In the meantime all the packages that have been released after the hack are already added to the library again.This is a great achievement from you guys since we had 44 packages ready for upload.May I commend you guys for doing a great job at this time in order to get the library up, running an fully functional again.Kind regards,Tom van der HorstWorld-of-AI

Well it has happened again -Earlier this evening I uploaded this file and it was processed (including the old DL count):http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=138995Try to download and it says file is missing.http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=138995Will you please check and see if it can be repaired or do I need to try to upload it once again?This was a replacement for one which became "missing" after the library was restored. This is the second time in two days that a file I have uploaded has shown on the listings but returns a "file missing" error.Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Guest my737sim

Not sure if this is related or not, but every file I try to download statesYou don

Well it has happened again -Earlier this evening I uploaded this file and it was processed (including the old DL count):http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=138995Try to download and it says file is missing.http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=138995Will you please check and see if it can be repaired or do I need to try to upload it once again?This was a replacement for one which became "missing" after the library was restored. This is the second time in two days that a file I have uploaded has shown on the listings but returns a "file missing" error.Please advise. Thanks in advance.
It happened again on one one of your files - I'm sorry. We've worked out the problem for sure now - we have to delete the old corrupt entry first and then process the new file - otherwise it may cause problems. I think your file's been processed ok and is working fine now. Sorry for the confusion.