Sign in to follow this  
EdRaket

PMDG MD11 Freezes

3 months ago ,I build a new system for Flightsimming with the guide of Nick N. The install was with Vista 64bit and was not a succes because all thetime the sim was freezing or swapping between VC and 2d cockpit with md 11 was giving me a OOM or BSOD. So I decide to go for XP 64 bit. It solved the problem of getting BSOD or OOM while swapping but with every flight the MD 11 freezes after 1 1/2 flyingor more. In other words I haven't finished any long haul flight because the MD 11 freezes . The freeze is happening when I cruise at a level ofFL 340-400. Sometimes I was bussy with the FMC and for the most of times I did nothing, only looking on the screen and wasn't touching anything.The computer is a non OC I7 920 withh 6Gb 1600Mhz Mushkin memory.I use ASA Sp1 and Radar Contact 4.3 all updated . With default 747/737 of FSX there are no problems at all, it only happens with MD 11 but I can't fly her.Edward Smeets

I would check your memory settings in the BIOS and other such hardware configuration stuff - BSODs are almost always issues like that.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Memory settings are checked in the BIOS. But like I said , with XP 64b Sp2 I never get BSOD or OOM anymore, it only happens with Vista 64Gb. I've already changed mine OCZ platinum 6Gb for Mushkin Red line 6 Gb but it didn't solved the problem of flying with MD-11. After 1 1/2 -2 1/2 hours flying it always freeze. I got this problem only with the MD-11 and not the default planes.Further the computer runs very well with no problems at all.Edward Smeets

I've been running Vista64 for about a year without any of the indications that you experienced. Some folks have found add-on sceneries to cause problems after hours of flight, not sure if this applies.

Dan Downs KCRP

I've been running Vista64 for about a year without any of the indications that you experienced. Some folks have found add-on sceneries to cause problems after hours of flight, not sure if this applies.
I am getting very similar freezing with both the J41 and the MD11. I've recently reinstalled FSX and only have these two aircraft on and I am still experiencing the problem. I'll be testing more soon, but this behavior has only appeared recently. I'm thinking of an OS reinstall (although I've only been on Win 7 for 3 weeks) to see if something there is causing it. Very frustrating as I'm nearly a PMDG-only pilot.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I am getting very similar freezing with both the J41 and the MD11. I've recently reinstalled FSX and only have these two aircraft on and I am still experiencing the problem. I'll be testing more soon, but this behavior has only appeared recently. I'm thinking of an OS reinstall (although I've only been on Win 7 for 3 weeks) to see if something there is causing it. Very frustrating as I'm nearly a PMDG-only pilot.
If your OC'n then FSX, PMDG and other heavy scenery add-ons are really going to tax your system. I was running fine, even with other major games. Had to tweak Bios settings to get FSX to run smoothly without overheating, freezing etc. As Ryan mentioned this is typically caused by hardware issues. If your OC'n then set everything back to defaults and see if the problem still occurs.

Hi,All the problems I had with the MD-11 is with a non OC XP 64bit. It is freezing after 1 1\2 - 2 hours and not with a default plane of fsx SP2.Edward Smeets

Hi,All the problems I had with the MD-11 is with a non OC XP 64bit. It is freezing after 1 1\2 - 2 hours and not with a default plane of fsx SP2.Edward Smeets
Have you checked temps? Are you using appropriate memory timings?

Hi,Everything is double checked, memory timings and temps of CPU/ GPU are well. CPU 50C and GPU 70C. Available memory more than 3Gb according Taskmanager while all other programs/services (+/_ 30) are still loaded.Is it possible that the famous driver 182.50 causes this problem, in other words if I use the newest one 19XXX?Edward Smeets