Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noel

Can't seem to assign a key to Top Down View

I previously had Top Down view assigned to the 'D' key, but having put a new FSX.cfg in, it does not seem to take any key assignments for Top Down view. Any ideas on this? Noel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I previously had Top Down view assigned to the 'D' key, but having put a new FSX.cfg in, it does not seem to take any key assignments for Top Down view. Any ideas on this? Noel
Hi Noel, control mapping changes are written to the standard.xml file not the fsx.cfg. Once you make the change, return to the main fsx screen and exit, re-fire FSX and the new key should be assigned. If not, do you have any other utilities using the assigned key?

Hi Noel, control mapping changes are written to the standard.xml file not the fsx.cfg. Once you make the change, return to the main fsx screen and exit, re-fire FSX and the new key should be assigned. If not, do you have any other utilities using the assigned key?
It is a mystery right now. I can assign other keystrokes to different parameters, just not Top Down. I can make the change and save it, then close FSX, then go view the .xml, and nada! I tried removing FSUIPC which I have some keystrokes set up in, no dice. The only other one I can figure is FSPassengersX, but according to the key file that should be the one. I have always been able to do this assigning my D or T keys, and not now, and yet all others are assignable. Oy!

Why not simply use the default key assigned to Top Down View: F12 :(

I have a similar problem. I do have keys mapped to the top down view (F12 and a button on my flight yoke) but neither works! This started happening a couple months ago. Very annoying. I have no problems with other key/button assigments.