Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pete_Smith

Registering the MD-11 without the internet.

Hi I'm relatively new here. I've been looking at the MD-11 reviews and manuals and am seriously considering buying the software soon. I have a slight problem though in that I do not have my own internet access. I use either the public library or a friend of a friends computer. If I did buy the MD-11, would I be able to use it without having internet access? I understand one needs to activate it online?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Pete, if you live in the UK have you thought about getting one of those USB portable Internet sticks? My younger brother is at Uni here and it works great for him, you pay as you go and it only costs 1 pound a day when you do want to use it. Most phone companys here have it now.Regards Rob

It does require an internet connection to install, sorry Pete. If you can take your computer to a place that has a connection, you can install there. It doesn't require the connection to run, just the initial install and activation.

It does require an internet connection to install, sorry Pete. If you can take your computer to a place that has a connection, you can install there. It doesn't require the connection to run, just the initial install and activation.
Thank you to all that answered. I just hope I don't have to re-install it very often