Sign in to follow this  
TheDanger

Which card to replace 8800GTX ?

My 8800GTX has died a death and delights in flashing purple patches/black lines upon my visual vision!I am running E6850 cpu and am looking at getting at GTX260. Does anyone think its a good move or should I look at something different?(XFX GeForce GTX 260 Maxcore 216 896MB)I don't want a high end card that will be held back by my cpu as I am not planning on getting I7 cpu yet as am more than happy with current cputhanks

My 8800GTX has died a death and delights in flashing purple patches/black lines upon my visual vision!I am running E6850 cpu and am looking at getting at GTX260. Does anyone think its a good move or should I look at something different?(XFX GeForce GTX 260 Maxcore 216 896MB)I don't want a high end card that will be held back by my cpu as I am not planning on getting I7 cpu yet as am more than happy with current cputhanks
HelloGood timing , I have just gone through the same thing.My 8800Ultra died last week, Pink pixels everywhere.I have sent it back to BFG for RMA and while I wait to see what they come up with I went out and bought a Palit GTX260 216+ 869MBwhich is mildly OC by Palit.Terrific card, better in all aspects than my old 8800Ultra roomheater.I am running a 27" dell LCD at 1900x1200.I think for the price it is a very good upgrade from the 8800

HelloGood timing , I have just gone through the same thing.My 8800Ultra died last week, Pink pixels everywhere.I have sent it back to BFG for RMA and while I wait to see what they come up with I went out and bought a Palit GTX260 216+ 869MBwhich is mildly OC by Palit.Terrific card, better in all aspects than my old 8800Ultra roomheater.I am running a 27" dell LCD at 1900x1200.I think for the price it is a very good upgrade from the 8800
Hi mad dog,What is your gain with the 260 compare to the 8800 ?See also my post today about my upgrade from a 8800 to a 275 with worst results. Maybe you have some tips...

Hi mad dog,What is your gain with the 260 compare to the 8800 ?See also my post today about my upgrade from a 8800 to a 275 with worst results. Maybe you have some tips...
HelloI am running 182.50 drivers on XP 32, I have not tried FS9 or FSX yet on my Windows 7 install.Try some different drivers as I have heard that the latest are not performing well