Sign in to follow this  
rjsagel

JS41 FMS problem

Hello,Does anyone else have the FMS situation where you cannot power up the unit?I have read and tried every posted solution and none of them work. Whatever I do, I cannot get the unit to power up.My workaround is the installation of the Reality XP WAAS 530.Thanks in advance,Ron Sagel

1. Do you have FSX SP2 or Acceleration installed?2. Do you see a yellow square on the FMS screen or is it totally blank?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

1. Do you have FSX SP2 or Acceleration installed?2. Do you see a yellow square on the FMS screen or is it totally blank?
Hello,Sorry but I have been down this path before. SP2 is installed, the FMS is fully visable and all fonts are installed. The FMS buttons "click" but it does not power up. All other A/C systems work 100% and the installed Garmin 530 WAAS also works fine.Only the FMS does not power up or work.Ron Sagel

Hello,Sorry but I have been down this path before. SP2 is installed, the FMS is fully visable and all fonts are installed. The FMS buttons "click" but it does not power up. All other A/C systems work 100% and the installed Garmin 530 WAAS also works fine.Only the FMS does not power up or work.Ron Sagel
Can you confirm that the fonts fix didn't work for you.

Can you confirm that the fonts fix didn't work for you.
Hello,The glassga font is installed in both the font directory of FSX and the Windows font directory.Ron Sagel

Ron, how are you loading the Aircraft ? is it from the Aircraft menu, or a saved flight ?If its the latter try loading the C172 first, then load the J41 from the aircraft menu, and see if that works.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Ron, how are you loading the Aircraft ? is it from the Aircraft menu, or a saved flight ?If its the latter try loading the C172 first, then load the J41 from the aircraft menu, and see if that works.Regards.Ernie.
Hello,I always load ALL complex aircraft with the C172 first. The C172 I use is always cold and dark - no switches set.Ron Sagel

Hello,I always load ALL complex aircraft with the C172 first. The C172 I use is always cold and dark - no switches set.Ron Sagel
Same here, I've had several issues when loading J41 direct after starting FSX. Loading default flight with C172, all off, then loading J41 is working like a charm. No lock ups all flight long.

Hi Ron, While I am sure you have been through it all before, we weren't there with you, so, without having to play 20 questions, could you please tell us if the fonts were installed or linked. Are you stopping services to execute FSX? Which OS are you running? If Vista or Win7, which user did you install as and which user do you run as?

Hi Ron, While I am sure you have been through it all before, we weren't there with you, so, without having to play 20 questions, could you please tell us if the fonts were installed or linked. Are you stopping services to execute FSX? Which OS are you running? If Vista or Win7, which user did you install as and which user do you run as?
Hello,Fonts installed and registered - in FSX and Windows foldersWindows XP Pro -up to date with auto downloadsGAME BUSTER stops servicesBTW - we did all of this via email after our last go-around. You suggested that we use email to keep the forum quieter and to get our response times quicker.Our email efforts ended about where we are now. This was right after I had installed your SP1.The reason I tried again was to see if anyone else has the problem. Another thought here: Is there startup logic that relates the timing of the navigation system alignment (when the heading marker displays) and the power up of the FMS? Perhaps I am trying to power up the FMS too early???Cheers,Ron Sagel

Sorry Ron, I don't know who you had an email conversation with, but it wasn't me. You are probably not interested, but in case anyone else is suffering a similar problem, I traced it on XP to the font files being symbolic links and not direct installs and one of the services being stopped was the one that managed links. My solution was to delete the font files and re-install them and also to ensure that service wasn't killed.

Sorry Ron, I don't know who you had an email conversation with, but it wasn't me. You are probably not interested, but in case anyone else is suffering a similar problem, I traced it on XP to the font files being symbolic links and not direct installs and one of the services being stopped was the one that managed links. My solution was to delete the font files and re-install them and also to ensure that service wasn't killed.
Hello,Here are the results of my most recent tests:1. All font files check out fine2. I no longer (for testing) stop any services3. I ran two tests - each one twice: I start with the C172 cold and dark One test loads the JS41 from the aircraft menu, all switches are set off and I go through the startup. After the startup is complete, I try to start the FMS - It Does Not Start. Tried this twice - each time I restart the computer Second Test loads the C172 and then I load the TUTORIAL flight file. I go through the same steps. This time the FMS will start as advertised. I tried it twice. It worked both times. I went back to the first test sequence again. It did not start.I hope this tells you something about the "problem". cheers,Ron Sagel

Exactly the same situation for me!All fonts check out fine, there is no yellow triangle on the FMS display, the display is not dimmed out.Loading the dark and cold stock 172 and then switching to the tutorial works. Loading the JS41 from the aircraft menu (after dark and cold 172) does not work.The first 2 flights with the JS41 were flawless, the FMS switched on as advertised. After that...... ziltch!It seems that even when shutting down the systems as per text book, something hangs in the ON-state. I even tried the FSUIPC 4 macro to kill all systems in the JS41, no go.There definitely is something not kosher in that system coding.I do not think it is 'normal' that we should be switching from one to the other like a bunch of baboons in a melon field where other (also PMDG) products give us the possibility to set dark and cold in whatever paint scheme anywhere in the world. I simply do not want to continue to fly out off White Plains, I've seen enough of that place by now.For now I will ground the JS41 until maintenance comes up with something workable.....Hans Wilms

Exactly the same situation for me!All fonts check out fine, there is no yellow triangle on the FMS display, the display is not dimmed out.Loading the dark and cold stock 172 and then switching to the tutorial works. Loading the JS41 from the aircraft menu (after dark and cold 172) does not work.The first 2 flights with the JS41 were flawless, the FMS switched on as advertised. After that...... ziltch!It seems that even when shutting down the systems as per text book, something hangs in the ON-state. I even tried the FSUIPC 4 macro to kill all systems in the JS41, no go.There definitely is something not kosher in that system coding.I do not think it is 'normal' that we should be switching from one to the other like a bunch of baboons in a melon field where other (also PMDG) products give us the possibility to set dark and cold in whatever paint scheme anywhere in the world. I simply do not want to continue to fly out off White Plains, I've seen enough of that place by now.For now I will ground the JS41 until maintenance comes up with something workable.....Hans Wilms
Hello,I now see that the only current solution for this problem is to start the tutorial and then switch to my desired location. I use AES at airports and need the startup to work. There is a definite problem with the startup of this addon. It may only affect a few of us but it is there. Perhaps the same startup used in the tutorial could be added, by PMDG, to the config manager to allow us to start our flights from our desired locations with selected airlines.Cheers,Ron Sagel

HiConfirmed, exactly he same problem here. Although, once you setup a new flight from the tutorial one and save it, it seems to work as well. You can then reload that flight and FMS will work. Except if you change livery, then it reloads the plane in a different panel state and FMS refuses to work again. I guess we could use a panel state manager on that plane too :( Regards,Peter