Sign in to follow this  
Guest jtry14

PMDG's Boeing 747-800 first images!

Guest yankeesji
Cheers to the new PMDG 747-800 conspiracy theory !
Why not...There is nothing else going on anywhere :(

Guest Samfc

plus, look at the join date: December 5th 2009. and the name? Plane Spotter. Seems like a tongue-in-cheek from PMDG to me.Sam Cowan

Those were up last night...
Yeah,That's weird,For some reason the 2 vids I was refering to were pulled,They showed the plane landing @ Boston Logan.One from a far away roof top,the other next to the runway by some fire equipment.Did anyone else see those?

Guest yankeesji
Yeah,That's weird,For some reason the 2 vids I was refering to were pulled,They showed the plane landing @ Boston Logan.One from a far away roof top,the other next to the runway by some fire equipment.Did anyone else see those?
Yes, I watched them all last evening. The one from far was had you standing on a boat and the one with the fire equipment showed it taxing buy.

Not to be picky but its 747-8 , not 747-800 ;)
That's only because the 00's are silent :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest icecone

It looks too good to be fake but I still don't think PMDG's making a 747-81. The 747-8 is too new, and lacks real-world performance data2. The 747-8 is 20 years newer than the 744, which means they are probably very different in the cockpit (They didn't even make the 744ER)3. The 747-8 isn't very popular in the real world, PMDG knows everyone wants a 777 not a 7484. Their schedule is full until 2012, so a 737NG then a Dash-8 (then probably a 777 or A320)

It looks too good to be fake but I still don't think PMDG's making a 747-81. The 747-8 is too new, and lacks real-world performance data2. The 747-8 is 20 years newer than the 744, which means they are probably very different in the cockpit (They didn't even make the 744ER)3. The 747-8 isn't very popular in the real world, PMDG knows everyone wants a 777 not a 7484. Their schedule is full until 2012, so a 737NG then a Dash-8 (then probably a 777 or A320)
If you read up on it you'll see there aren't actually that many differences between the -400 and -800 cockpit. Certainly not so many that it couldn't be adapted from the existing -400 model. Could certainly be an easy little project for PMDG that wouldnt take much time away from the NG2 and Dash. Agree whit your comments regarding performance data though.

Guest SkullxBones

Boeing fly's their new planes based on projected performance data, why not PMDG. They can always update it later if the data changes much. Got my fingers crossed.Jeff P.