Sign in to follow this  
Guest jtry14

PMDG's Boeing 747-800 first images!

Guest 413X3
It looks too good to be fake but I still don't think PMDG's making a 747-81. The 747-8 is too new, and lacks real-world performance data
not if they get it directly from Boeing
2. The 747-8 is 20 years newer than the 744, which means they are probably very different in the cockpit (They didn't even make the 744ER)
just all LCDs, along the lines of the -400F cockpit
3. The 747-8 isn't very popular in the real world, PMDG knows everyone wants a 777 not a 748
how do you know how popular it is? Plus Boeing could have paid them to make it for marketing purposes
4. Their schedule is full until 2012, so a 737NG then a Dash-8 (then probably a 777 or A320)
How do you know that?

how do you know how popular it is? Plus Boeing could have paid them to make it for marketing purposes
Marketing? lolI don't think a 70 dollar flight simulator addon is going to make someone buy a 300 million dollar airplane... :(Not quite sure what kind of marketing there would be with a 747-8 FS model.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

mmmmmPMDG's silence in this matter is spurious, and getting rather deafening.Anthony ReesCape TownSouth Africa

Regarding Marketing, It is very well possible that PMDG have made a deal with Boeing to Model certain aircraft for presentations etc. Not saying this is the case but the idea is not that far fetched.Rob

Rob Prest

The deafening silence from PMDG is rather suspicious!!??The 747-8F is scheduled for a first flight early next year. I just read that they completed a first engine run.Tom

Hello Sam,The image shows what appears to be the 747-8s new engine by GE, The GEnX2b,It's the first time this engine will be used on any aircraft and is installed on the first 747-8 freighter models.It's identified by the GE nameplate and the sound reducing baffles on the engines outer shell.[those curly things] :)

Guest icecone
Hello Sam,The image shows what appears to be the 747-8s new engine by GE, The GEnX2b,It's the first time this engine will be used on any aircraft and is installed on the first 747-8 freighter models.It's identified by the GE nameplate and the sound reducing baffles on the engines outer shell.[those curly things] :)
Thanks, but it doesn't prove that it's not from Andy's 747-8I model

Thanks, but it doesn't prove that it's not from Andy's 747-8I model
I think what is being referred to is the amount of detail in the screenshot. Not present in Andy's model as far as I can see in the screenshots that I have found.

PEOPLE! Before you go dancing out on the streets, I want to refer you to the the review I did about the PMDG J41. At the end, I conducted an interview with Robert Randazzo, asking him if they were doing more turboprops. He said yes, they already announced the Dash 8. So unless Robert was pulling my leg, it's deffinetley the Bombardier Dash 8 he was talking about and deffinetley NOT the Boeing 747-8!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest Airbuscn91
FAKE Move along people, nothing to see.
I doubt that this is a fake, I could be real given the fact that all PMDG had to do is tweak the existing 747-400 model to match the 747-8. In fact, they could even bring out a 747-8 for real since all they have to do is change the data of the -400 to match the -8 and slightly modify the cockpit of the freighter variant (with LCDs and an ISIS) with 777 components (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2006/04/04/205776/boeing-bullish-on-prospects-for-747-8-intercontinental.html) in order get there.After all, it could be a Christmas gift from PMDG! :)

I'll admit I'm in the group hoping for some validity in these images, but aside from the survival of this thread it's hard to really believe it. Granted the model changes don't seem prohibitive from a layman's standpoint (outer sgl-slotted flaps, rakes, stretch, & wing chord), but the cockpit & gauge mods would be my guess as the biggest improbability. Still, would be an excellent surprise that I'd be purchasing on day one :( Re: the Bombardier dash 8 and the "dash 8" speculation, with the former's projected release after the NGX (still not preview ready) it would be a good bit of fun to pull a fast one with a 747 "-8"...I wonder, how unlikely could it be that an -8i & -8f were planned as part of the original FSX Queen development. After all, the -8 was for some time expected to fly this month; parallel release conspiracy anyone? :( (just speculating for fun)

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Guest Airbuscn91
Granted the model changes don't seem prohibitive from a layman's standpoint (outer sgl-slotted flaps, rakes, stretch, & wing chord), but the cockpit & gauge mods would be my guess as the biggest improbability.
As far as I know, the avionics of the 747-8 is just basically almost the same as the 747-400, except for the fact that the CRTs are replaced with LCDs, the ISIS replacing the 3 standby gauges (like in the PMDG freighter version), a new vertical profile display on the ND, and a 777-based mouse system for the MFD. Changing them to adapt the (possible) PMDG 747-8 would, as I said, just involve a bit of tweaking, I don't really know how hard or easy it would be, but it's my 2 pence.

Guest 413X3

well it would explain why we have no cockpit videos at all just showing off the model.

Guest yankeesji
well it would explain why we have no cockpit videos at all just showing off the model.
Really? That's easy...It's not ready yet... :(