Sign in to follow this  
Guest jtry14

PMDG's Boeing 747-800 first images!

LOL! You guys know what a dash is? This thing here: -PMDG wanted to create a Dash 8. We all thought of the Canadian Mixer (Dash-8-400 etc.). Couldn't it simply be the Boeing 747 dash 8i?

Guest yankeesji
LOL! You guys know what a dash is? This thing here: -PMDG wanted to create a Dash 8. We all thought of the Canadian Mixer (Dash-8-400 etc.). Couldn't it simply be the Boeing 747 dash 8i?
This is from the update a few days back...PMDG Bombardier Dash-8:=================The PMDG Bombardier Dash-8 will be the next in the line of PMDG turboprops. We have seen quite a bit of speculation as to which Dash-8 model we will release, and while we (obviously) know the answer to that question- we are keeping it under our hats for the time being. The Dash-8 will release AFTER the PMDG 737NGX, just to be clear on the order of things...As is normal during any large development cycle, we occasionally wind up with developers who have slack time during large projects, so we are preparing to give you a Dash-8 preview here soon just to keep you entertained.

I thought this was spam and now thinking about it, It could be. although, someone could take the time to modify the PMDG 744 to look like the 748 or even a 748 model someone made and put PMDG sound and colors into this model. One reason I think it could be is that there is no true description on the videos, and all the views are poor and you can see the whole aircraft as a whole. You just see minor details. Maybe they are trying to keep it a secret. Maybe this is a future update.Taylor Oldham

Guest realatp
Holy christ, man I think you got it, no lie, thats awesome, good work son.

Holy christ, man I think you got it, no lie, thats awesome, good work son.
WOW!!! Dude he totally got it. That makes complete sense now! PMDG is an awesome company because they just keep secrets that no one can guess. Maybe they will still make the Dash 8 but probably going to release (dash) -8 before then. Also when the said "As is normal during any large development cycle, we occasionally wind up with developers who have slack time during large projects, so we are preparing to give you a Dash-8 preview here soon just to keep you entertained." This would totally make sense now. Especially the word "large" projects.Taylor Oldham

WOW!!! Dude he totally got it. That makes complete sense now! PMDG is an awesome company because they just keep secrets that no one can guess. Maybe they will still make the Dash 8 but probably going to release (dash) -8 before then. Also when the said "As is normal during any large development cycle, we occasionally wind up with developers who have slack time during large projects, so we are preparing to give you a Dash-8 preview here soon just to keep you entertained." This would totally make sense now. Especially the word "large" projects.Taylor Oldham
Well, he didn't totally get it.PMDG saidBombardier Dash 8keyword is Bombardier (The manufacturer of Lear Jet, Canadair Regional jets, and Dehavilland "Dash" products, among their assorted line of ATV's and Watercrafts)don't read too deep in it, I doubt that "Dash 8" meant anything other than the Bombardier Dash 8.

Guest yankeesji

As is normal during any large development cycle, we occasionally wind up with developers who have slack time during large projects, so we are preparing to give you a Dash-8 preview here soon just to keep you entertained. Yes, but this was the last part of the update. That was right before the 747 movies started to appear. :( And how come PMDG hasn't responded to this topic? Hmm.

Haha. It was more a random guess that came to my mind :( I hadn't even read the latest update at that time.Anyway...what we know up to this point:

• The B748i model in the video sure looks like quality work. No one would create such a fine piece of art just to fool a couple of simmers, correct?
  • PMDG has not denied it's theirs so far (noteworthy, isn't it?)
  • They have been deleting several posts concerning this airplane so far as though they don't want to create a fuzz around it (suspicious?)

I believe we will get to hear more about this particular model. Could very well be that someone is working on the Super Jumbo and tried to use PMDG's paint in order to grab some attention - and quite obviously, it works :(

I'm sure Robert, Ryan and all the team are having a good :( at the moment!

First time this came up I thought best was to ignore this. But I can't get it out of my mind. Let us try to think like PMDG: - if they were not doing a 747-8: why not delete this post too or state very clearly: we will not do a 747-8 in the near future?- it is a long time until the 737 NGX is ready: excellent choice to produce some upgrade for the 747 in the meantime to make some money.- PMDG has a very good relationship with Boeing: not impossible to get a lot of data.- PMDG is getting more and more commercial: the JS41 and the upcoming bombardier-8 are good examples. Of course the MD-11 is extremely detailed, but how many of you are using all the functions? IMHO PMDG is shifting a bit from extremely detailed to some products with a little less detail, but a larger base of customers who don't care about for example an extensive failure system. Releasing an aircraft that is in RW still under development fits into this development. Look at other manufacturers who for example did the A380. Completely unrealistic of course, but just because it is new, there are a lot who will buy it.Just my thoughts. And if it was only to entertain the PMDG team, it's ok too: you all deserve some entertainment on this forum!

Guest realatp

ya guys we caught PMDG red handed. O well I hate the 747 so I ain't gonna buy, will enjoy the youtube vids tho. Its a nice plane but the FPS will KILL FSX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just kjow it.

ya guys we caught PMDG red handed. O well I hate the 747 so I ain't gonna buy, will enjoy the youtube vids tho. Its a nice plane but the FPS will KILL FSX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just kjow it.
Of course it is. All fsx/fs9 addons will slow your computer down. Otherwise it's not a payware aircraft.Taylor Oldham

Of course it is. All fsx/fs9 addons will slow your computer down. Otherwise it's not a payware aircraft.
That is completely not true. I have many payware that don't hit my FPS. See the Lotus L-39 or any Carenado aircraft for an example.The PMDG planes just aren't one of them lol. :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

That is completely not true. I have many payware that don't hit my FPS. See the Lotus L-39 or any Carenado aircraft for an example.The PMDG planes just aren't one of them lol. :(
I guess thats true. I should re-edit that statement and say most addons are. At least high complex ones like PMDG which is why I love PMDG planes.Taylor Oldham

I guess thats true. I should re-edit that statement and say most addons are. At least high complex ones like PMDG which is why I love PMDG planes.
The performance in the MD-11 is really surprising me. I've been getting 35-45 FPS, usually 40-45. It is really amazing how good the FPS is in that plane.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png