Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

Get rid of all the broken files

So far we are trying to replace the broken entries, which is a superhuman effort. If we delete all the missing files we would then not know what is missing and would not be able to contact the author and request a re-upload. We figure that AVSIM members would be happier if we can get the files re-uploaded as opposed to simply deleting all the corrupt entries and then forgetting about them. We have manged to recover a lot of files, and will continue to do so. We are deleting those entries that, for whatever reason, can not be recovered. All this is taking a long time and we will be engaged in this effort for a while yet.
Hey, question. I noticed some time ago that a couple files by a certain author were missing, and I don't know if those files were ever deleted. Who do I contact for that since the author cannot be contacted by any means. I think I already contacted one of the library managers on the forum via PM a while back, but am also wondering if any of the other library managers know this.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Guest Gary Buska
Hey, question. I noticed some time ago that a couple files by a certain author were missing, and I don't know if those files were ever deleted. Who do I contact for that since the author cannot be contacted by any means. I think I already contacted one of the library managers on the forum via PM a while back, but am also wondering if any of the other library managers know this.
If you know the download or upload ID'S just let one of us know and we can check.Of course if the author can not be contacted than it would be up to someone to upload the missing files making sure to include a email address for support and stating you are uploading someone else's files.

If you know the download or upload ID'S just let one of us know and we can check.Of course if the author can not be contacted than it would be up to someone to upload the missing files making sure to include a email address for support and stating you are uploading someone else's files.
Hello! Just a suggestion, based on the above response: Perhaps you might want to pin a post in this thread asking members for assistance, especially with files from authors who cannot be contacted due to 'extraordinary' circumstances, like the late Leon Louis (RIP) and for files that are directly connected to AVSIM, as in the Scenery files and other repaint files associated with Bush Flying Unlimited (I presume that BFU is associated with AVSIM, since the BFU home Page has an avsim.net address). I understand that the restoration of the File Library is a 'superhuman' effort but this could be potentially damaging especially in the case of a user coming to the site wanting to become a member but who is discouraged because they continually find the "Oops" message coming up again and again whenever they're looking for a particular file.I know I'm just a noob, but I wanted to put my 2

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Of course if the author can not be contacted than it would be up to someone to upload the missing files
Without permission of the original author? I think not... I say that as uploader and downloader.

Mike...

When someone encounters the "file not found" response to a search or "oops" and the file is something they really want , I suggest they post a request for it in the forums. That often gets positive results. Obviously that doesn't provide 'instant' satisfaction like finding it in the library but if the file is that important it should be worth the time it takes.Best regards,Mel

Guest belga1

Hello,When show "file not found" .. I note the name of the author and in two mouse cliks I'm on the search page of Flightsim or other place and I wish myself good luck Simple .. fast .. 99% effective yawnface.gifRegards.bye.gifGus.

Firstly I'd just like to say how much I appreciate Avsim's efforts to recover the library... beyond words, frankly, especially when your only payment is support from fans - some of whom are not quite on the same moral wavelength as the rest... :( Just one brief suggestion though, could you not put a permanent post on the front page, with a quick link so authors and up-loaders can share permissions and read up to date info' regarding uploading etc and also be able to quickly upload missing files? I just think everyone will be able to see it and it will have maximum effect... no? :( Just a thought guys. Anything to help, any time. Cheers.

Mike 

Guest christopher barbas
So far we are trying to replace the broken entries, which is a superhuman effort.
Thank youandcongratulations for the time you are giving all to this :( Regards