Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest acezboy561

Am I aloud to..

For every payware ive bought I have always saved the download file to save me having to re-download it so when I get a new computer I dont have to download it all but just get a USB and transfer it to my other pc? Am I aloud to do this with PMDG, as I am yet to buy id rather know before purchase.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes of course you're allowed to do so :) I do it, although I don't mind giving PMDG 5$ because I know they're gonna be spend well... right guys? :(

You should be fine, In the U.S your allowed to make a copy of your media as long as you own the original and your not distributing.

Now does that also apply to the activation codes? I save those on a usb as well for all my products. Especially the ariane 737 :(

Of course. There is no law against backing up your software and keys as much as you want, just not to distribute them as Dan said. I use to only like CD, until some got misplaced or scratched, now I do as the above poster but keep backups on a secondary internal HD as well as a USB external drive.