Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Massive FPS difference in fullscreen vs. windowed.

Are you sure the graphics card is not throttling due to heat for example?

I think so, yes. Whatever I do these are the max GPU stats reported by NVInspector over a few hours:

• GPU Load 23%
  • Fan 41%
  • Temp 47°C

looks all very cool and without much load for me.

All 3 CPU cores are on 100% though, so I think I'm CPU limited.

Best,

Markus

Wow, can't believe I posted this thread four and a half years ago. I'm happy to say my hardware has improved significantly since then.  :P

Wow, can't believe I posted this thread four and a half years ago. I'm happy to say my hardware has improved significantly since then.  :P

So what should I buy? Actually I thought my system would be quite good already, but that's not true apparently.

I wouldn't mind not getting 40+ frames like some do, especially since I'm running the full FTX stack. But 8-15FPS is awful.

Best,

Markus

Guys, I don't know if there has been posted,  you can get the best of both worlds with this simple tool. It will put any windowed game into borderless windowed mode. just launch FSX in windowed mode, win +F6 and you're good to go.

Make sure to enable the hotkey in the options.

Personally I'm getting better performance in windowed mode, which is a good thing, because 100% of my flights are done in windowed mode. I'm using borderless windows so that it looks like fullscreen while it is windowed

vatsim s3

1133704.png